crown suspension??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
never heard of them or seen their name on this site before...

Turbotoys

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just lowered mine with Crown Suspension - the 2"/4".

I honestly hate it. The factory ride was nice and firm and now with the new coils it rides like a 1970 Cadillac with no shocks.

When I compressed the factory front coils it took a lot of effort with the spring compressor - in fact i wrecked the first spring compressor that i purchased. The crown coils compressed with ease - I knew this was going to be an issue.

Another thing that sucks is if you bring it somewhere and they use a frame hoist the rear coil springs fall out as they are about 1.5" shorter than factory.

When I brought it to get an alignment they said I am totally out of adjustment and the camber? is at 0 and said he likes to see a -1.

I usually buy mcgaughys lowering spindles and coils and have always been happy. As soon as they come out with spindles I will be ripping the crown out.

I do however like the way it looks although i wish the back was another 1" lower.

Suburban.jpg

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
on the 2015s doing springs in front affects the ride alot. Like ive been doing do my strut mod. its 15 bucks a strut and you keep the nice factory ride.

in rear the belltech kit all the way for 4 inches with the 5305 coils and add in the djm links and bumpstops (for free tavel mod) and your set. Ive set a few 2015s up with the above set up customers have been happy

BTW here is my strut mod. DONT waste time on front springs
http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44758

also my 5-6 inch kit works fine on the 2015 trucks and ride is excellent.

NO MATTER WHAT. 4 Inch drop or more on any 00-15 you need to do the free travel mod in order for a good ride

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

misterk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you for input guys. Looks like crown is out of the question. This strut mod seems interesting. I would need to find a machine shop that I trust...
Is anybody coming out with spindles soon...?

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
yeah belltech will be. Strut mod i can do in same day but a machine shop im sure can do it for you. Its not that hard at all.

in rear 4 inch drop need the free travel mod period

jeffreact

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just bought the crown 2" lowering kit for my 2015 Escalade. I just wanted to level it out as the back end stood 2" higher.

It included the 2 inch coils
http://www.crownsuspension.com/lowering-kits/2-rear-drop-coils/

and the shock extender with air ride
http://www.crownsuspension.com/lowering-kits/shock-extender-w-air-ride/

After installing this, my truck is the same height! Does it take a while for the coils to settle? Do I need to reset the air ride? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
did you change the autoride links? PM me and i can walk you thru a few things to check before you change anything out

tony

Last edited:

jeffreact

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes I just changed the auto ride links a few hours ago. Its still 2.3" higher in the back. I bought the kit to bring it closer to level.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjvieira

Latest posts