Rear end sagging with Arnott AS-3066

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slow5.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed Arnott SK-3353 and AS-3066 shocks on my 2016 Denali. 3 years ago i installed 2/4 drop kit from Norcal. For some reason rear dropped from 34.5 to 33" with just installing Arnott AS-3066 shocks. I was using 2.70" rods. I tried unhooking airlines and height was still at 33" so i was riding on springs only.. I tried making rod 3"' but only raised to 33.5. So i had to install 1" spacer that came with Norcal kit to bring it back to 34.5" with 3" rod.
I dont know if enyone else had this issue

OP
OP
Slow5.0

Slow5.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Factory magnaride on front and rear.
I didnt meassure but i think Arnott AS-3066 maybe little sorter than OEM or airbag placement doesnt hold same height as OEM. Im probably only one complaining and i bet evevryone else like to have free 1" drop or rear with Arnott AS-3066
Btw i like little bit of rake and yeah i havent wash it for a while
20240318_120446.jpg

Last edited:

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I experienced this also on my ‘15 Yukon XL Denali. What I found is that the connection from the Arnott’s to the stock air line on the vehicle wasn’t quite as tight and locked as OEM. I feel like this caused my Arnott’s to excessively run and leak down more often. Not quite as much as a leaking rear Autoride shock, but more so than OEM.

I went back to OEM and got the Arnott’s swapped under warranty through rockauto and sold them.

OP
OP
Slow5.0

Slow5.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did notice you have to pish air fitting much harder in order to lock in little clip. But my dont leak. How many miles is on yours. Mime is at 60k. Maybe little O-ring in OEM fitting is ******* yours. You can drop little bit of oil on that O-ring. It helps seal better. I do that trick on quick fittings on my semi truck
Also before i bought Arnott shocks i talked with Arnott and they said if i have any issues they wil honor warranty if i buy them from Rockauto. Not much if i get them from amazon or ebay. So i gat mine from Rockauto

Thrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got through swapping the 3066 shocks in my Denali for GM magnarides. Here are some observations after having them installed for the past several years.
The Arnotts were extended longer when I removed them. Not sure why, but I never experienced any sag, I would say the opposite that it sat about a 1/2" higher with them compared to the magnarides. My magnarides were leaking bad when I replaced them with the Arnotts several years ago.
My main complaint with the Arnotts is the valving. It's not very rough pavement compliant. Very harsh over expansion cracks or potholes. What I also experienced, and it may not be the shock, is the lower bolt to shock bushing clearance allowed the shock to move up and down. This motion over time actually cut threads in part of the bushing. I had to unscrew the bolt out of the shock. So I will be ordering new bolts just to make sure the ones I have are not the issue.
Also never had an issue with the air bags leaking. In fact my pump motor hardly ever runs. Bags on both shocks were full when I disconnected the lines.

OP
OP
Slow5.0

Slow5.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Arnott have monotube AS3429 and twin tube AS3066. AS3066 are stiffer than AS3429. Next time i replacw AS3066 i may try softer AS3429
Arnott also makes magnaride rear shocks AS3626 for those who wants keep magnaride on the back

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meandmyhoe20

Latest posts