Cost for motor mount install on 2017 5.3L ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TahoeFL2017

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found my "thud" when taking off from dead stop, it's the driver's side motor mount

Appreciate ANY and ALL replies, give me your opinions please!

Two questions:

Should I do both or is that a waste until the other goes bad? (quote for one is 50% so it's not saving money to do both at the same time)

Is $650 per side a decent price? (looks like it requires the steering and exhaust to come off to get to it)

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lots of folks in this Forum have replaced motor mounts, and they will chime in. My advice to you is to change both motor mounts at one time, and then you are probably good for the rest of the life of the truck.

OP
OP
TahoeFL2017

TahoeFL2017

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many miles on your SUV?
87k miles right now

I’m wondering if it’s a waste to do the passenger side as I use reverse to back out of my driveway and never really under stress no towing etc

Driver’s side makes sense due to the twist direction of the engine but passenger side is never really stressed

Truck has been on pavement and used around town, occasional road trip but it’s very gently driven for a Tahoe

So wondering how much wear it could possibly have

duke90

Reaction score
$650 is not bad. I'm in SoCal and was quoted around $850 + tax for just the driver's side. I end up replacing it myself. Did not remove the exhaust manifold, went from the bottom and removed the front diff instead. It was a long job and I only did the driver's side. I had the same issue you are experiencing and it definitely fixed the problem. I will get around to doing the passenger side as well when I have some free time.

OP
OP
TahoeFL2017

TahoeFL2017

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE - replaced just the driver's side mount and the truck drives much better

I didn't know the excess vibration from the one bad mount could make the computer try to compensate and do weird shit to my ride/throttle response!

Oil filled mount is definitely mot my choice if i had a serious off road rig, too easy to break it.

i guess that's one reason this rides better than my F250 4x4 diesel, lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts