Correct process to remove seat back??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Recently installed Rosen headrest screens and ended up breaking the clips on one of the seat back covers. I am ordering a new one but want to know what the correct process is when removing them. There are a couple plastic hooks and clips so it seem as though once needs to be released before the other. Anyone have any info? TIA

OP
OP
A

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone? I may swing by dealer and ask but was hoping to find instructions on the correct way as it's very easy to break tabs if pulled the wrong way.

OP
OP
A

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I appreciate the link but I too found this and it doesn't specify the removal and states (#2) to refer to that in a different section. I'm hoping someone might have the link or steps outlined in the " Front Seat Back Cushion Finish Panel Replacement in SI." Thanks again for posting.

I actually searched the exact text and found the following for anyone that is interested. One seems to be for the sierra/silverado version as one description varies slightly.

Caution: To help avoid damage to the seat back finish panel, after detaching the lower bungee clips, carefully lift the bottom of the finish panel high enough for the lower retainers (1) to disengage from the seat frame. Once the lower retainers are released, tilt the finish panel to one side, then the other, to disengage the upper retainers (2).

2010-12-28_212419_1.gif

2010-12-28_212436_2.gif

3636144.gif

Last edited:

toi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My suburban LT did not come with panels in the back of the seats, i wonder if i can install them?? Hmmm

OP
OP
A

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, so I'm assuming the non chilled seats do not have the full back panel?

toi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine doesnt but i am not sure if its for all non chilled ones.
the panels have air vents for those cooling fans

Pacman33

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Recently installed Rosen headrest screens and ended up breaking the clips on one of the seat back covers. I am ordering a new one but want to know what the correct process is when removing them. There are a couple plastic hooks and clips so it seem as though once needs to be released before the other. Anyone have any info? TIA

If you don't mind me asking, what was the part number for the seats back cover? I did the same thing and would like to replace it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65