Cooling Fans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pepper

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2005 Tahoe 5.3 seems to be drawing my idling to about 5 @ stops and almost stalling.Fans are wide open (high).Could this be a battery issue?btw,walmart battery (1 yr old).Also throwing a po480.thx newbie

OP
OP
P

Pepper

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2005 Tahoe 5.3 seems to be drawing my idling to about 5 @ stops and almost stalling.Fans are wide open (high).Could this be a battery issue?btw,walmart battery (1 yr old).Also throwing a po480.thx newbie
Also the voltage gage is fluctuating @ red light/stop with ac on.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

What is turned on when this happens? The a/c will trigger the fans every time but the engine temp only when needed. I recommend you look thru the threads of the "Big Three" here and may fix your concerns. Good luck.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the fan control is acting up. Are both fans running on high? With ac on and off? If it’s constant, your battery won’t stay charged if you’re doing a lot of idling, which will make your alternator kill the engine. Might be a stuck fan relay.

OP
OP
P

Pepper

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That’s exactly what I’am going to do is use a friend who has a SnapOn live scanner (if that’s what there called) to activate certain functions and get to the bottom,without PARTS REPLACING.The temps never go over if it’s correct.Just bought it from a one owner and it’s been well taken care of.115,000

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.