Conversion help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dusanderson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Conversion help I'm new to the site and am picking all your brains thank you ahead of time. Ok I have a 95 tahoe 2 door 4x4 I also have a 2 wheel drive 95 suburban I wan to take the suspension off suburban and get rid of 4x4. Will the control arms bolt up, I can not tell and was curiouser if it has been done. I have searched and searched all I can come up with is "don't do it or it's not worth it" no actual helpful information is available. It seems to me that I can take complete front suspension off suburban and transfer control arms spindles transmission and just get a drive shaft made. Does that sound correct? What problems do you think will be ran into? I understand a lot of people do not think it's worth it. But when you have a 3000 4x4 and everybody wants 6000 for a 2 door 2wd it makes me want to do this instead if it all bolts up as far as listed above.

P.S I typed that on my phone sorry if it's misspelled or makes no sense

kcb37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not saying it can't be done but it is not bolt on.
The front axle on the 4wd acts as a frame crossmember.
The 2wd frame is different, for the springs.

Not as easy as you think it will be. You will be farther ahead to sell both and buy what you want.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TU1881

Latest posts