connector - what is it for?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChevySSR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have one connector next to all of the cut wires, anyone can tell what it is for?
thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_6270.JPG
    IMG_6270.JPG
    161.4 KB · Views: 5
OP
OP
ChevySSR

ChevySSR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
update:
as per suggestion, tested the wire and it is always hot 12V source, the wire is where the rest of cut off wires are, where the console used to be.
I guess I am just going to use it as a low amp power source.

thank you everyone for helping out.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
update:
as per suggestion, tested the wire and it is always hot 12V source, the wire is where the rest of cut off wires are, where the console used to be.
I guess I am just going to use it as a low amp power source.

thank you everyone for helping out.
Is it a 10 gauge wire? If so, it should be the 50 amp under dash feed. There will be two more at the left rear, near the jack.

RTLINGR2

Reaction score
Your last reply said constant hot where the console used to be. I assume you purchased the vehicle and all the equipment was removed and wires are just blunt cut all over. It could be a factory wire from one of the bundles or an add on harness from the upfitter. Personally I am leaning on added harness. The factory constant hot in the console bundle is a 10 gauge red not green. I would trace it backwards and find a starting location. Then decide how you're going to use the added circuits, remove them or cap them off for future use.

More information of the vehicle, locations of wires in question and pics farther out, not close up will give us a better idea of what you're asking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tatheho

Latest posts