Color Matched My Grill Shell

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly what I wanted to see. Thanks. :Handshake:

I just didn't want to paint the grill before I got a paintable bumper.

It does look good though.

gfunkfb09

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I plan on doing this, I just have a few questions.

When you sand it, do you sand all of the "fake" chrome off of the grille? Part of my chrome has already began to come off, a piece of it did from my stupid power washer. Its right below the passenger side headlight and it really pisses me off.

And my Yukon is Summit White, I assume duplicolor has a match for this color I can get at any auto parts store?

Thanks.

jomulk56

Resident Lurker
Reaction score
I plan on doing this, I just have a few questions.

When you sand it, do you sand all of the "fake" chrome off of the grille? Part of my chrome has already began to come off, a piece of it did from my stupid power washer. Its right below the passenger side headlight and it really pisses me off.

And my Yukon is Summit White, I assume duplicolor has a match for this color I can get at any auto parts store?

Thanks.

If you can get all the chrome off the paint will stick better. If you can't get it all off just get the peeling sections off. Either way use an adhesion promoter since it is plastic. Your auto parts store should have the paint, or at least a book with your paint code and their color that matches.

GM Driver2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ill be doing this again this week...did it a month and half ago, and the chipping has begun. Not a fan of that. So i will be painting that, as well the chrome again until i can get a paintable one.

gfunkfb09

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can get all the chrome off the paint will stick better. If you can't get it all off just get the peeling sections off. Either way use an adhesion promoter since it is plastic. Your auto parts store should have the paint, or at least a book with your paint code and their color that matches.

Thanks, I really wanna try this!

Yang1815

Reaction score
I like the matching grill but maybe the GMC doesn't have to match. That's just me though.