Coil Over Conversion Installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm glad to see you did this!! It makes me kinda mad I sold my truck because this looks like a great option to get the ride back.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is so sweet. Thank you sir for getting her done! We run the same size tire amd I want the exact stance. I will just copy everything lol!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Z-56 Hoe

What do I do????
Reaction score
Mike I'm gonna bite the bullet and do this when are you gonna have time to do the intstall?

04blackout

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im dead level, 32" all the way around. Rear is free travel mod / Panhard bar/ lca & uca / qa1 rs702 shocks / and beltech 5305 springs

So with those rs702 shocks, you have to convert the stud top to the eye right? With your 5305 springs, do you run shock extenders too?

another question... if we think the stock shock mount is probably strong enough, what about the shock mount on my djm lca's? I looked under there the other day, and they're not exactly bombproof, but they also shouldn't really have any side to side stress, so im wondering if (and hoping) the mount on these arms is sufficient to support the weight as well. Then I wouldnt need to buy and install new lca's and this would be a super easy swap

Bomba02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
another question... if we think the stock shock mount is probably strong enough, what about the shock mount on my djm lca's? I looked under there the other day, and they're not exactly bombproof, but they also shouldn't really have any side to side stress, so im wondering if (and hoping) the mount on these arms is sufficient to support the weight as well. Then I wouldnt need to buy and install new lca's and this would be a super easy swap
Are you running just LCA up front for your drop? The mount there for the shock now on the djm arms gotta be like 1/8 inch I'd say use them but get gussets or weld 3/8 plates along the outside to firm up and rest your mind. If you do tackle with the djm arms and it works with reinforcements or not people could go the full 5 inch drop with arms/spindles combined. I wonder if your shock would be different length then a stock LCA? Idk glad tahoewhat did the conversion I'm gonna do once I have the cake.
Billy

M Hankel

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Are you running just LCA up front for your drop? The mount there for the shock now on the djm arms gotta be like 1/8 inch I'd say use them but get gussets or weld 3/8 plates along the outside to firm up and rest your mind. If you do tackle with the djm arms and it works with reinforcements or not people could go the full 5 inch drop with arms/spindles combined. I wonder if your shock would be different length then a stock LCA? Idk glad tahoewhat did the conversion I'm gonna do once I have the cake.
Billy

I have thought about this also. If I were to do this I'd probably opt to just cut off the original bottom shock mount from the lower DJM arm and fab up a beefier lower mount. I think it would look better and actually be easier by the time it was all said and done. You would just need to be sure and get the positioning exactly the same from side to side. Not a big deal if it were just a shock mount but with adding the spring to it, moving it in or out could affect the springs rate.

Mike

04blackout

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got under there tonight and gave it a real good look and the djm lower mount is really pretty beefy from what i can tell. i really think it would hold up just fine as is. i also read through the whole thread on PT.net and that guy used his stock upper mount for 10k then sold the truck and the new owner reported 20k miles with zero issues whatsoever, so i'm thinking it has definitely held up to the test of time with just the procomp adapter

now im thinking all i need are the shocks and springs up front and may just go ahead and do the adustable bars with shocks and springs in the rear too

Atomic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just want to note, the guy that yall are talking about had a 2500hd. The frame is significantly bigger on those than the 1500 frame.

Bomba02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
04blackout; said:
now im thinking all i need are the shocks and springs up front and may just go ahead and do the adustable bars with shocks and springs in the rear too
Hey man, have you thought about equipping the rear with coil over suspension? I think it would be a pretty simple bolt up. You could set rear height and just measure for correct shock and spring and it would prob ride really nice. Just a thought.
Billy.

Tahoewhat~ log any more DD. :driver:

04blackout

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just want to note, the guy that yall are talking about had a 2500hd. The frame is significantly bigger on those than the 1500 frame.
well ****. Thought I had it all figured out

Hey man, have you thought about equipping the rear with coil over suspension? I think it would be a pretty simple bolt up. You could set rear height and just measure for correct shock and spring and it would prob ride really nice. Just a thought.
Billy.

Tahoewhat~ log any more DD. :driver:

I thought about it, but have read that it would require beefier shock mounts and wouldnt really help things back there... but idk why not, coilovers seem like the best overall ride there is

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n