Code Alarm questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

angrywar

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi guys, been stalking the forums a bit and finally have something to post about :D. I just had a code alarm CA1553 installed in my Tahoe a few days ago and everything seems to be working fine, but when it goes off only the siren makes noise. Do I have to mess with the settings to get it to do the crazy panic horn?

magicbus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have to hook up the horn output from the alarm to the horn on the truck. Check the install manual but I believe horn output on the alarm is a brown wire with a black stripe. The horn wire in the truck should be black and located in the group of wires coming from the steering column, it can also be found at the BCM I believe. It's strange that the installer failed to hook up the one thing that separates Code alarm from the rest (aside from amazing quality and the only TRUE lifetime warranty).

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great alarm youll love it I have the same one

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
A

angrywar

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You have to hook up the horn output from the alarm to the horn on the truck. Check the install manual but I believe horn output on the alarm is a brown wire with a black stripe. The horn wire in the truck should be black and located in the group of wires coming from the steering column, it can also be found at the BCM I believe. It's strange that the installer failed to hook up the one thing that separates Code alarm from the rest (aside from amazing quality and the only TRUE lifetime warranty).

Thank you for the info! finally got home today and took it back to the shop that installed it. They didn't bother hooking up that wire and when I asked why they just shrugged.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dukk