Clicking Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoe_96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So as I was driving into my neighborhood tonight I noticed a clicking noise every time i accelerated or used the brakes. After some inspection it seems as if the noise if coming from the rear. I have a feeling that it may be the U-joint but I am not sure. Any ideas on what this could be or how to check the U-joint.

99Vortec

Reaction score
Sometimes you can hear a "clunk" when you put it into gear. I usually end up crawling under and checking the driveline/joint for any deflection.

Usually the noise will intensify as you drive by a barrier of some type if it is a universal joint.

Last edited:

chaingun427

OBS Mad Scientist
Reaction score
You can usually get under the truck and try moving the shaft by hand to check for play in the u joints. When was the last time you did brake work? Was the hardware replaced along with pads and drums/rotors?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

Tahoe_96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can usually get under the truck and try moving the shaft by hand to check for play in the u joints. When was the last time you did brake work? Was the hardware replaced along with pads and drums/rotors?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

i got under the truck but didnt feel any play in the u-joints. I replaces the brakes and all hardware about 3 months ago. Havent been able to hear the noise since that one night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NSTBLFKR43