Cleaning up my Hoe Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZeroCool

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my 2 Door first started out looking like this about a week ago...

photo.gif

Then I removed all the molding and badging..

DSC_0003.gif

And started painting the frame..

DSC_0010.gif

DSC_0009.gif

DSC_0008.gif

More to come... this all just happened in the past few days (unemployed!)

---------- Post added at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

Oh... and I have the wheel caps... they're just a bastard to take on and off..

roadrageror

ROADRAGEROR
Reaction score
lookin good! was it hard to get the chrome package off? my g/f has a white short box chev i would like to clean up.i was just afraid there could be rust hidden behind it.

OP
OP
ZeroCool

ZeroCool

Full Access Member
Reaction score
uhhh the chrome was a PITA! I had that concern too... I was VERY lucky that it was perfect underneath

OP
OP
ZeroCool

ZeroCool

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sanded all of it with wire wheel (pneumatic) and then followed up with a pressure washer to clean ALL of the dirt from underneath. Then cleaned it with M.E.K. and used Rustoleum High Performance Enamel. Took two cans per side and a lot of time! I tried using the brush-on stuff.. but the strokes bothered me so I sanded off the small area I painted and bought spray cans instead. P.S. use goggles with sanding... my eyes still burn.

By the way... this paint is AMAZING! I painted about two feet and quit for the night... Came back the next morning to sand it off and it was amazingly hard to remove! It probably took me 30 min just to remove the two feet of paint on the frame.

imtbear69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sanded all of it with wire wheel (pneumatic) and then followed up with a pressure washer to clean ALL of the dirt from underneath. Then cleaned it with M.E.K. and used Rustoleum High Performance Enamel. Took two cans per side and a lot of time! I tried using the brush-on stuff.. but the strokes bothered me so I sanded off the small area I painted and bought spray cans instead. P.S. use goggles with sanding... my eyes still burn.

By the way... this paint is AMAZING! I painted about two feet and quit for the night... Came back the next morning to sand it off and it was amazingly hard to remove! It probably took me 30 min just to remove the two feet of paint on the frame.

OK thanks i repainted mine a few weeks back and it looks good,but not as good as yours,thanks for the tips

OP
OP
ZeroCool

ZeroCool

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I admit this truck is inhaling all my time latey and my hands are sore! Flex polisher on it's way to shine up the outside and new carpet ordered today to make a nice improvement on the inside. I'll take some before/after pics and post them on a running thread on the interior site.

drowndindreams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i honestly have to say i think it looked better in the first picture, more like a truck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz