cig lighter plugs removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Texastoad

Reaction score
I need someones help on how to remove the cig lighter plugs in my 2009 Yukon ...I have 2 new plugs but cant figure out how to remove the old ones...help PLEASE...thanks

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the dash or on the back of the center console?

both require you to remove the trim, then unplug the lighter from the back, and then there's a small plastic sleeve you have to push in to remove

Clean07Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced all mine, too. The covers were all broken off when I bought my truck.

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey i didnt know this till recently but the OBD2 port and ciggerette lighter are on the same fuse i mention this becuase you guys are replacing yer cig lighters so if down the road you hook up a scan tool and it doesnt come on the OBD2/cig lighter fuse under the hood is blow

OP
OP
Texastoad

Texastoad

Reaction score
So Nat your saying I have to pull the whole trim to remove cig lighter pluggs...too replace them(dash)..?

Clean07Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So Nat your saying I have to pull the whole trim to remove cig lighter pluggs...too replace them(dash)..?

Yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You only have to remove the trim surrounding the radio.

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 PM ----------

Yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You only have to remove the trim surrounding the radio. Its very easy and once you get the trim removed and the rest of the stack out, it'll be obvious how the cigarette lighters are to be removed and replaced.

t.stimpson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there is an extreme amount of clips holding the radio surround on these. Just go slow and be careful using a pry tool and work your way around. The clips next to the radio were the hardest. Once that is off the rest is simple and self explanatory.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvain_Yukon