Chrome door handles making them black

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

024sal

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an 08 Tahoe LTZ and I want black door handles instead of the chrome. Can you paint the chrome or do you switch out the handles for black ones? And the mirrors too! Don't care for chrome at all. Please give me some advice! Thank you TYF!

tonaaayyyy

Reaction score
Not sure about painting the chrome but I think you might be able to find black handles for $40 instead of painting them. Just my opinion though... I'm still a newb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robdeniro0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just buy the chrome handle covers, paint them black stick them on. Save you all the aggravation of pulling the door apart.

Chaz8Mealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 08 Tahoe LTZ and I want black door handles instead of the chrome. Can you paint the chrome or do you switch out the handles for black ones? And the mirrors too! Don't care for chrome at all. Please give me some advice! Thank you TYF!

Sell me the handles

Clean07Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know anyone with black handles.

If that's your truck in your avatar pic, then our trucks are the same color. What do you think about body colored mirrors and handles? If you're interested, I'd be more than willing to trade you my body colored mirror caps and door handles for your chrome ones if they're in good condition. If not, no biggie.

OP
OP
024sal

024sal

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If that's your truck in your avatar pic, then our trucks are the same color. What do you think about body colored mirrors and handles? If you're interested, I'd be more than willing to trade you my body colored mirror caps and door handles for your chrome ones if they're in good condition. If not, no biggie.

My handles and caps are in good shape. Is your burn black? That's what I'm looking for black mirror caps and black handles. Let me know man

Brock

Reaction score
Been there done that! By all means DO NOT buy the after market black handles. Their cheep ($12-$25 ea.) but they will not last. Switched all 4 out 3 years ago (2 originals broke) and I have replaced each one AT least 3 times! I am now an effin expert at pulling door panels and changing these sorry ass plastic handles. Robdeniro has the best idea I'v seen yet!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Heavychevyvito