Choose The Better Wheel!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clean07Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Recently, I lowered my Suburban down a little more from a 2/3 drop to about a 3/5 drop and I'm thinking I'm ready to make the switch from 22" wheels to 24" wheels. I'm a big fan of OEM wheels because of the "clean" factor they bring to the build. Right now, I'm stuck between two wheel choices, both factory replicas, chrome finished, and 24" in diameter. The two choices are 24" TBSS or 24" CK375 reps. I'll post a pic of a truck with each wheel in the correct finish and diameter for reference, and also a pic of how my truck currently sits so you guys can make your choice on which you think would look better on it.

First is a pic of my truck:

IMG_20150719_162720_500.jpg

Next up is a pic of the 24" TBSS reps on Deephaven's Esky:

20150720_113831_zps7n2kpa5t.jpg

And lastly the 24" CK375 reps on soulsea's old Esky:

file_zpsf3b07171.jpg

Now, I need you guys to post up your choice on which one you think would look best on my Burb. I love both wheel choices equally and just can't seem to decide, so please help me out! Also, thanks to Deephaven and soulsea for building such beautiful trucks and hopefully you two don't mind me using pics of your Esky's in my thread! :)

NeverSatisfied

eBay Baller
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TBSS all the way. Can't go wrong with a clean six spoke wheels. and my biggest thing is they look super easy to clean ha!

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
x 2 with NeverSatisfied. Partial to the TBSS and considering those on my truck as well.

BruteForece

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I originally thought the TBSS was the way to go, but now after looking at them i would go with the CK375

OP
OP
C

Clean07Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TBSS all the way. Can't go wrong with a clean six spoke wheels. and my biggest thing is they look super easy to clean ha!

Yeah, you're right. The TBSS's would be easy to clean, but honestly, the 22" CK375's I have on there now are really easy to clean, too. I would assume that the TBSS's would also be lighter being a six spoke design versus the eight spoke design of the CK's. And as you go bigger and bigger I'd imagine saving some weight would be a nice advantage.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
24s are heavy overall.

Only 24 said to be light is the DUB Future

TBSS look awesome on any nnbs

justinesky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with these 24" but after looking at those i think i like the SS wheels.

unnamed (9).jpg

OP
OP
C

Clean07Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with these 24" but after looking at those i think i like the SS wheels.

View attachment 34093

I like the 24" Esky reps, too, but don't like the fact that I'd have to run either Caddy center caps, blank center caps, or customize a set of blank caps by adding a Chevy bowtie symbol because they never seem to look right after adding the bowtie. It always seems to look like an after thought to me. Plus, I like the small 3.25" standard GM center caps best. They just have the cleanest look, overall, IMO. Now if my truck was an Esky and not a Suburban, then I'd definitely consider running the 24" Esky's because they're a clean looking oversized rep wheel, too. They look beautiful on your truck and Tony ran a set on his Esky that also looked awesome!

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

24s are heavy overall.

Only 24 said to be light is the DUB Future

TBSS look awesome on any nnbs

I agree with 24's being heavy in general, but I'm my experience, anything over a 20" wheel really starts to pack the weight on. My current 22's aren't light by any means, especially after considering the weight of the 305/40's that I have mounted to them right now.

I'd like to know what a 22" CK375 with a 285/45/22 tire weighs in at as opposed to a 24" CK375 with say something like a 295/35/24 mounted on it. Just curious what the difference in overall weight would be.

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 PM ----------

So far I've got five votes for the TBSS wheels and one for the CK375's. Keep the opinions coming, guys. I'm really appreciative of the help in deciding which way to go!

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

Also, I'm well aware that there are many options available out there for a lighter weight set of 24" wheels, but I'm not really too worried about the weight because it is what it is in the end. I'd like to stay focused on the two options posted in the OP because after browsing through just about every 24" wheel on the market today, I've got my heart set on one of the two factory replica wheels shown in my OP. But please don't hesitate to post up your preference between the two! That's why I started this thread! To see what others thought since I'm so indecisive right now between them!

Last edited:

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember when tony got rid of his 24 escalade replicas and got the futures he said he lost like 15 lbs a wheel or something crazy like that

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harpo123