Chevy Order Minimum Deposit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stacy1024

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When I started my search for a 2022 Z71 Tahoe I called around to different dealers that showed vehicles in transit and quickly discovered ALL of those vehicles are already sold. Probably called at least 40 different dealers around the US. Each one said it was probably better to build if I didn’t have a tight timeline (which I don’t). I discovered every dealership had a different minimum deposit. Some $500, $1,000, $2,000 and even $3,000. The best customer service I received was from the $3,000 deposit dealership and I pulled the trigger with them. I’m wondering why they all have different deposit amounts? Could it mean I have a better chance with the higher deposit dealer because maybe they get more allocations (one can only hope!). Just curious to see if anyone has any insight!

PaulGA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just called a GMC dealer in my area looking for a ‘22 Yukon Denali in transit and they said they’ve stopped taking deposits on Yukons and want to make sales first come first serve. I wanted to throw a deposit to hold it until I had a chance to go there this weekend but alas, no luck. I’m going to call again tomorrow to make sure it’s actually still available before I go. I ran into the same issue as you, called a ton of dealers in like a 2 state radius and all the in transit Yukons were sold.

Elise201424

Reaction score
Unfortunately no is the short answer. There are a lot of posts on the form about the ordering process that I am sure you would get a lot of information from. The deposit really doesn’t mean anything except that a customer is being taken “off the market” while their wait for their build. The better question to ask is if there are any items on your build that are in constraint and would hold up your order. If they are not busy items then you can let your dealer know what your willing to remove if you want it to get processed faster.
Second thing is about their allocation and how many customers are ahead of you. If their last allocation they got 1 of your specific vehicle trim level and they have 18 ahead of you… it’s easy math. You will be waiting a long time

Yarosuav

Reaction score
In my speaking to a number of GMC dealers in my area, deposits for a Denali were anywhere from $1000 to $5000. I don’t think the deposit amount maters, just make sure you understand if it’s refundable and under what conditions.

OP
OP
S

stacy1024

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Gotcha. I guess in my head I was thinking the majority of people would go somewhere where the deposit was lower and could mean the dealership with the higher deposit amount could have less people in front of me. Wishful thinking! Lol

Oaktree

Reaction score
My dealer only requested a deposit when GM had an allocation for my Tahoe. That was $500 and I'd assume, non-refundable.

Cabinetman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have three vehicles on order with three different dealerships. One required no deposit on a 2022 Z71 Tahoe with the 6.2L. That one is actually built and should be at my dealer in the near future since I live in the DFW area close to the factory. I'm not sure I'm going to take it since I mistakenly ordered Satin Steel with Gideon/Dark Atmosphere interior. It will be a game-time decision. The second dealer required a $1000 deposit for the same Tahoe except with black interior. I also have a 2022 GMC Sierra AT4x on order with a 3rd dealer and the deposit was just $100 that I placed through the GMC website the day the truck was announced.

I have confirmed that all the deposits I placed are refundable. Every dealer I have spoken with about ordering told me that any deposit I place is refundable up until the time I decide to apply it to the balance when paying for the vehicle.

gaffster01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who pays a deposit on a vehicle . Sorry I have never once put a deposit on one including the Tahoe I got a couple weeks ago. (Sorry couldn’t resist ) I have bought a ton from my dealer so maybe that’s why.

Mikejla91

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My dealership asked for 1,000 non-refundable deposit. BUT, they said if another vehicle popped up that I wanted I could apply it to a different vehicle and since my order has been stuck in 1100 status for months, the dealership said they are even willing to refund me if I find what I am looking for elsewhere. They have refunded quite a few people from my understanding in last couple of months. I actually just moved my deposit onto a different Tahoe they have coming in within 4-6 weeks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo