Chains / cables

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CJJOHN

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm relatively new, but a long time lurker. Lots of great info here and I can really appreciate all the sharing of info!
So here's a question;
We have a '16 Yukon SLT. Love the vehicle except for one thing, it's not 4 wheel drive. We purchased it with the intent it will be my daughters first car, so we went 2 wheel drive. I have a CJ7, but it's obviously small for family excursions. This weekend we are headed to Lake Tahoe area, and they are calling for, depending on which report you read, 2" to 18" of snow. I grew up in Ohio and learned to drive in the snow, so I'm not too worried about it, especially with 4 people and luggage in the truck. But just in case I bought some "S" clearance cables. tried tonight and sure enough they potentially rub the parking brake cable. So......back to square one.............. Has anyone ran cables / chains on their truck with 18's? If so, what was your fix? Tying back the cables?? Thank you in advance for your help!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz