centric front end

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rickp

Reaction score
Hey guys, i need to do my whole front end and the shop suggested using centric parts. How is that brand? just so you know, i dont do anything wild with my truck, just street driving.

thanks
R

OP
OP
rickp

rickp

Reaction score
good question, the mechanic said it would be cheaper. I'm just wondering how much cheaper are they, is centric crap?

i was quoted $1100 for the whole front end including labor

what do you think?

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
"whole front end" - exactly what is he replacing - and is he also doing an alignment?

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"whole front end" - exactly what is he replacing - and is he also doing an alignment?

Excellent question.

UCA/LCA/pitman/idler/end links/shocks/bushings there are a lot of parts up there.

How does the shops warranty change (if at all) centric vs ac delco?

There are some centric parts that I would be quite happy with. What is the cost difference?

Most of what your paying is labor, so whats an extra $100 or whatever for better parts? What if you purchase your own parts and supply them?

tx tahoe z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Use Moog, it's better than oem if not the same. Get it from Rock Auto and take them the parts. They'll charge you $80 for an upper ball joint and you can get it for $45 from Rock Auto. Times 6-8 parts, it adds up.

Don't know anything about Centric, unless it's the same Centric that makes brake rotors. Which are actually good rotors, I'm running a set.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Use Moog, it's better than oem if not the same. Get it from Rock Auto and take them the parts. They'll charge you $80 for an upper ball joint and you can get it for $45 from Rock Auto. Times 6-8 parts, it adds up.

Don't know anything about Centric, unless it's the same Centric that makes brake rotors. Which are actually good rotors, I'm running a set.
I'd suggest that to everyone, but some people seem to be content to pay the significant upcharge for letting the mechanic supply the parts.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadracer6