Center Console Squeak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mcimma

Supporting Member
Reaction score
2011 Tahoe LT. The lid of my center console squeaks sometimes when my arm is resting on it. I've checked all screws and everything is tight. Anyone else ever had this problem??

Thanks

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Pull the armrest down and lean on it. LOL!

If is squeaking at the lid look for the rub spot or is it squeaking down lower?

JSMillar

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My '11 used to do that. It's the leather and temperature related. Try some leather conditioner or stuff you would use on the dash.

Sent from my iPhone5S using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

mcimma

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anything you recommend that worked for you???

RotaryMachineRx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This happens exactly the same for me, only when my elbow is resting on it.... I feel like it is the plastic latch itself squeaking...

JSMillar

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Try armor all. I've routed my usb cable out at the squeaky point. It doesn't squeak anymore.

95aeccd4749d946594e2dd91220e03bb.jpg

Last edited:

2012TahoeLTZ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My '11 used to do that. It's the leather and temperature related. Try some leather conditioner or stuff you would use on the dash.

I had the same issue.. I put some white lithium grease on a rag and rubbed it into the bottom side all around the bottom of the lid as well there are two rubber pads.. I also sprayed a little bit of that grease on the hinge on the back of the lid.. This took care of all squeking caused by the cold temperatures that we're having that contracting and expanding effect between cold and wArm.. Good luck!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879