21 Yukon Center Console Light Out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DenaliDrew

Reaction score
The light has gone out on my Yukon Denali with the power center console. It still goes back and forth but the light itself doesn't illuminate anymore upon opening it. Anyone else have this issue?

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have the power sliding console so I'm not sure where the light is located. Is it in the overhead console shining down or in the sliding console itself? Any chance your dome light over-ride button is turned to off?

UsualSuspect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not yet, I am not sure if that is a mercury operated switch, or if there is a mechanical switch that powers the light when you open the console. It could be the light, or the switch, or both. I am following to see if you get it resolved.

TrueAt1stLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The light has gone out on my Yukon Denali with the power center console. It still goes back and forth but the light itself doesn't illuminate anymore upon opening it. Anyone else have this issue?
Yes, I had this happen on my 2022 Yukon Denali with fixed center console. They ordered part which I’m not sure is the lid or specific bulb. Strange that an LED would burn out!

OP
OP
DenaliDrew

DenaliDrew

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. It was a little flicker-y then totally out, so I was thinking wiring. The light is in the console itself. I will see if I can find a bulb. Probably would have been easier to spot when it worked.

OP
OP
DenaliDrew

DenaliDrew

Reaction score
Bulb easily visible, but it looks like I'd have to rip it apart to figure out what it is. Given I'm out of warranty, I might just put a tactical light in there. Anyone taken it apart?

UsualSuspect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just saw this. Look for the console charger some on here installed, they had to take the lid apart to install the charging pad, probably use it to take it apart.

John52269

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
look for the wire that might be cut through at the right side hinge when the lid is open

Attachments

• lid wire.jpg
    lid wire.jpg
    276.2 KB · Views: 5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts