Cel after oil sending unit replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mizzouguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the code was thrown only after they removed the intake and nothing else was touched at that time, then id say it would have to be intake gasket. Only logical explanation. Id be curious what they did to be able to tell you "no leak." Spraying carb cleaner is one way to tell, but live data is what the ecu uses to trip the light, and when a code is thrown it will store the freeze frame data at that time. Take it back and make them fix your leaking intake and don't let them talk you into throwing more parts at it. I'd be content paying for the intake gasket set and make them eat the labor for being dumb and not replacing a gasket they took off.

OP
OP
P

PaDenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok, gaskets replaced, but code came back after 25 miles. No weird noises or lack of power or any type of hesitation, what are thoughts on dumping Techron in gas tank, or is that wasting more money? Disconnecting battery will clear codes right?

mizzouguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Disconnecting the battery will clear the codes yes. Leave it unhooked for a few minutes though. I would advise not clearing them though unless you are just trying to see if they come back. Shops lose valuable data about a potential problem if you clear the codes. Techron wouldn't hurt, although I kinda doubt it will fix your problem. Did they pull off the throttle body when they pulled the intake, it also has a gasket. Cheap and easy to replace and could cause an air leak. Or if they separated the fuel rail from the intake it could have leaking injector o-rings now.

OP
OP
P

PaDenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Would a pinhole coolant hose leak cause this, i notice some antifreeze up by the upper hose and down to the bottom of engine bay

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, gaskets replaced, but code came back after 25 miles. No weird noises or lack of power or any type of hesitation, what are thoughts on dumping Techron in gas tank, or is that wasting more money? Disconnecting battery will clear codes right?
did the same place do the intake gasket? I am just wondering if they just "said" they did it, there is a random chance it could one or more coil packs, but I had a similar issue with my ex's suburban and I ended up doing the plugs and wires as well, a couple of the wires were pretty bad, that made the random misfire go away, I think her is intake is still leaking though.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:(:(:( I give up lol. I had my tahoe confused with another vehicle I'd done a tb cleaning on recently. I'll just not reply any more LOL.
I was wondering....and I was also wondering if I was missing something from a specific year or something, I had purchased a Nissan maxima for my daughter a couple years ago and had to do some work on it which included a throttle body which had coolant going thru it, WHICH ended up in the engine!, ya that was a learning experience after the 3rd time working on it I finally got it fixed right, those maxim's are stupid, a throttle control part blows a chip in the ecm and then that blows another part out, so all 3 have to be replaced at the same otherwise you have to do the whole process over again, which also includes having to have the idle control reprogramed and the factory theft control reprogrammed, my advice stay away from a 99-02 maxima and there sister vehicle the infinity they are the same vehicle under the hood.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kwells