Carwash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigRed76

SeniorGroupbuyMember
Reaction score
I washed, polished, waxed my car and wanted to know what effect going through an automatic carwash will have (if any) on the finish? Will it remove wax ..... what kind of soap are they using at these car washes???

REAL TEXAS TAHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I washed, polished, waxed my car and wanted to know what effect going through an automatic carwash will have (if any) on the finish? Will it remove wax ..... what kind of soap are they using at these car washes???

GOOD QUESTION. ANYONE?:emotions122:

LuSe4

Bleen Member
Reaction score
I would never take my vehicles through a automatic car wash that touches the paint. If you have a light color like you Texas Tahoe, it may be ok, but they are really ******* the paint and leave scratches. Remember, someone could have taken their muddy truck through right in front of you and the brushes are now going to rub that grit into your paint. Trust me, I know from experience. It took me an entire day to get the scratches out of my dark blue Silverado! :)

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
I would never take my vehicles through a automatic car wash that touches the paint. If you have a light color like you Texas Tahoe, it may be ok, but they are really ******* the paint and leave scratches. Remember, someone could have taken their muddy truck through right in front of you and the brushes are now going to rub that grit into your paint. Trust me, I know from experience. It took me an entire day to get the scratches out of my dark blue Silverado! :)

wait... so you are saying that the mud from the previous truck is going to stay in the car WASH, wouldn't that mean the dirt stays on your car if your theory is correct?

is there not a constant flow of water in any car wash that would kick all the dirt off the brushes?

I say you use a car wash if you have a light color car like you said, or if you have a dark colored car, just know how to take care of the paint afterwards; swirl remover, scratch remover, polish, wax, etc.

misspooh

Reaction score
i would also never take any of my vehicles through a car wash. why not just wash it yourself instead of taking the chance. i would not trust that every little piece of dirt has been washed away off of the car wash brushes. it doesn't take much to scratch paint.

AquinoSteven

Key and Spacer Guru
Reaction score
The answer to the question is......... YES. The carwash uses some powerfull shit. It will strip everything off. I only use it of i dont have time and want to start with a clean slate for a full paint correction

Sasquatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never trust them either. I just imagine someone going through the wash with a rusty car or truck and a chunk of rusty metal coming off and getting lodged in the pads and then getting dragged over my paint.

And i wouldn`t take a chance with the towels they use to dry your truck either. who knows if they dropped one on the ground, or if they have rings or watches on or belt buckles or keys to scratch your truck as they lean on the fender to dry the hood.

Can you tell i dont trust anyone around my truck?

if i ever go to a car wash i go to the DIY booths and bring my wash mitt and some soap. but that`s only if it`s too cold out to do it at home.

NJ04HOE

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd rather drive a dirty vehicle than go through an automatic car wash! It's not worth it to me.

Fauxnali

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'd rather drive a dirty vehicle than go through an automatic car wash! It's not worth it to me.

+1

It'll end up scratched and only clean on the spots that stick out farthest.
If you need a quick clean and you have on a set of nice clothes at least stick to the touchless carwashes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667

Latest posts