Cam swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Falze

Reaction score
If i wanted to up grade the cam in my 04 what do u think is best...New to the ls motors??
Thanks Falze

Big Buttons

The SS Burb
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get Intake, Long tube headers, and exhaust first before you start thinking about a cam.

Danzigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree that a cam swap should not be your first upgrade. What is the recommended intake upgrade? I have heard that an SS trailblazer intake is a good addition, but that is about all I have heard.

Big Buttons

The SS Burb
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Personally I want the LSXRT Intake from Fast. But the thing with intakes are the shorter they are you get horsepower, and the taller they are like the ones we have and the LSXRT give you more torque on the low end.

Also the one from holley is pretty bad ass and a lot of boosted and N20 guys use that one.

I wouldn't do an intake swap first either...

Most people are happy with Intake, Exhaust, maybe headers, and a tune. But the more hardcore guys like myself want more.

If you want more: cam, heads, LSXRT, N20, Boost. And make sure you upgrade these crappy trans to handle that new power.

OP
OP
Falze

Falze

Reaction score
Mine has just a magnaflow muffler on it rite now, just dont like stock n like to be different..Just new to the LS motors... what brand of long tube headers do you guys think..also what intake do u think is better for just a fun daily driver that u pull ur boat n quads with..
Thanks for the replies

Falze

Last edited:

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
performancetrucks.net has everything you need. There is probly 20 posts a day titled "newbie wants power, help me" on that site. check it out.

A cam swap is a Very good start. even with stock intake and exhaust manifold.
You will spend far more on a intake upgrade that wont improve your power like a cam will. take the time and research this at that site, LEARN! and then make a educated decision. not a opinionated response from guys on a forum.
Pacesetter headers. cheap and they work. dont get sucked into the "You must spend 1k on every part to gain power" BS.

Check out Texasspeed.com, give them a call they can put together a "power package" based on what you want and your budget.

LS engines are like lego's damn near every part works for every engine. they are basicly plug n play these days.

OP
OP
Falze

Falze

Reaction score
thanks for the advice and site to look at..
So i take it the TBSS intake is a bolt on swap

Falze

jmgak47

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Your going to want to do supporting mods first, they will wake your ride up a lot and not really break the bank.

Intake (Cheap intake! Your not going to gain a ton with just a intake swap so don't break the bank on this mod)
LT Headers with a free flowing exhaust (Pacesetters are great bang for the buck, go with a straight through designed muffler like a Magnaflow and stay away from a Flowmaster or other chamber style.)
Custom Tune

A intake manifold is a very expensive mod for not much return on a mild setup.

Depending on the cam size cam your wanting you may also need, gears, converter, injectors, heads, fuel pump, Wideband etc...

You can open up pandora's box if you are not careful.

RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH! Sort through the BS and find the good info.

If you need help PM me. I will not BBQ you like they will on PT.net or others for being a newb.

Last edited:

Phantomx55

Slow
Reaction score
thanks for the advice and site to look at..
So i take it the TBSS intake is a bolt on swap

Falze

I believe so, I think you may need to modify your stock fuel crossover if you get just the manifold itself.

Otherwise I would listen to jmgak47, cold air intake->full exhaust->tune and go from there

Last edited:
OP
OP
Falze

Falze

Reaction score
if i go with longtube headers n want to keep the cats do i need more custom exhaust work?? cuz u kno where the cast are at sooo..

Mark

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65