California Air Quiet Compressors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a California Air Quiet Compressor?
I need to replace my old contractor's twin tank Emglo and want to quiet down my environment so I wondered about the longevity of the line noted.
I also want to get past the winter time resistance to start because the compressor is out in the cold, often freezing and the California Air products that I am looking at are oilless.
Anyone share their experiences?

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a Husky equivalent twin hot dog. I use it for nailing and airing tires.

They are kinda chintzy and all of the plumbing is chinese threads (i.e., non repairable/replaceable.)

I don't except mine to last much longer honestly. I prefer oil-lubricated if you want something that's going to get heavier use like auto use tools and spray painting.

What are you using yours for?

Jimmyy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Husky version to. They are quiet. I can't speak to how long they will last, I don't have much time on mine. I have seen the pump for sale as a pond aerator. Those run 24/7. If I can find it I'll post a link to it.

OP
OP
EddieC

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a Husky equivalent twin hot dog. I use it for nailing and airing tires.

They are kinda chintzy and all of the plumbing is chinese threads (i.e., non repairable/replaceable.)

I don't except mine to last much longer honestly. I prefer oil-lubricated if you want something that's going to get heavier use like auto use tools and spray painting.

What are you using yours for?
Just for blow gun cleaning off things and airing up an endless list of tires from power equipment to vehicles.
I'm pretty much using all battery powered power tools at this point so there is no need for air tools.

I have had the oil type for about 30 years and have regrets every winter when it stalls when trying to start. I have never used air tools and don't expect to.
And the noise has become a big thing now. Tired of hunting for the ear protection when reaching for the compressor circuit switch.

Last edited:
OP
OP
EddieC

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if all small consumer oil-less compressors are Chinese imports?

Last edited:

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just for blow gun cleaning off things and airing up an endless list of tires from power equipment to vehicles.
I'm pretty much using all battery powered power tools at this point so there is no need for air tools.

I have had the oil type for about 30 years and have regrets every winter when it stalls when trying to start. I have never used air tools and don't expect to.
And the noise has become a big thing now. Tired of hunting for the ear protection when reaching for the compressor circuit switch.
Oh, I see. You should be fine and the unit should last for a long time with that usage.
Anyone know if all small consumer oil-less compressors are Chinese imports?
Yes. I'm not aware of any small-ish compressors domestically produced, unfortunately. They are basically all consumer grade units.

Some of the medium oil lubricated compressors are assembled here and have some domestic components. And there are larger, more industrial units that are all mostly produced here, like Jenny, Quincy, Saylor Beall, Champion and others.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz