BuhBye 07' Tahoe LTZ, Hello 17' Tahoe Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WaGuns

Reaction score
Got rid of old faithful last weekend and picked up a used 2017 Tahoe Z71. I LOOOOOVE the new technology packages that they are putting into these things, and the ride is phenomenal..... But there are 3 issues that I am not sure if they are issues, or just the way the new hoes are.

1) When gradually applying throttle from a stop, she seems like she is sputtering/hesitating. It's especially noticeable when she's cold. I'm not sure if it's a fuel thing or she can't decide what gear to be in, but it's a little annoying.

2) The Z71 seems to have a lot of the bells and whistles of the LTZ/Premier lineup, except the head light seems to be the old yellow halogen. I have the LED strip and what looks like the LTZ housing with the projector bug eye. Can I just pop in an HID/LED into that housing and call it a day?

3) Why, why can't I pair TWO devices to the head unit at once? Am I missing something here?

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats.
1) how many miles? Could be the afm or a dirty throttle body/blade... fill it up with super, put some fuel injector cleaner in the tank and clean the tb. Disable the afm asap and youll be good.
2) i have no idea
3)did either one take? Pair 1 device. Then turn off that device and pair the second device. It will automatically connect to the first device you paired if both devices are in truck and Bluetooth is on in the device.
Good luck.
Put some pics up... i likes pics

OP
OP
WaGuns

WaGuns

Reaction score
Congrats.
1) how many miles? Could be the afm or a dirty throttle body/blade... fill it up with super, put some fuel injector cleaner in the tank and clean the tb. Disable the afm asap and youll be good.
2) i have no idea
3)did either one take? Pair 1 device. Then turn off that device and pair the second device. It will automatically connect to the first device you paired if both devices are in truck and Bluetooth is on in the device.
Good luck.
Put some pics up... i likes pics

She has 22k miles on her, so still under warranty (wheeeee). I've been reading about the AFM causing similar issues. Any tips on how to disable the AFM without voiding anything?

As far as the pairing goes, yes. I can pair all my devices to it easily, but it won't allow simultaneous pairing. Example, my wife is the vehicle DJ, but I still want my phone connected to the BT/CarPlay. In the wife's mazda6, we can both be paired and set her phone as the music and my phone as the handsfree.

RoI2BVyl.jpg
1RIacH1l.jpg
9yMReFJl.jpg

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good bud.

Range afm disabler, black bear tune, local mechanic/tuner, diablo sport tuner. Easiest cheapest would a range type device. It plugs in under the dash into obd port and keeps it in v8. It unplugs and goes right back to stock if you need to dealer it.

I can only have 1 connected at a time on my 13 hoe..

OP
OP
WaGuns

WaGuns

Reaction score
Looks good bud.

Range afm disabler, black bear tune, local mechanic/tuner, diablo sport tuner. Easiest cheapest would a range type device. It plugs in under the dash into obd port and keeps it in v8. It unplugs and goes right back to stock if you need to dealer it.

I can only have 1 connected at a time on my 13 hoe..

I'll look into the Range. I would LOVE a BB Tune, but.... warranty.... Thanks!

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats on your 2017 Tahoe Z71!! Very nice!!

DWTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can only have one connected at a time on my '15 Tahoe. Seems like they both worked if you had one plugged in with a physical cable though. Maybe your DJ can be plugged in and yours will still be on the BT. Not a great workaround but maybe it's something.

OP
OP
WaGuns

WaGuns

Reaction score
I can only have one connected at a time on my '15 Tahoe. Seems like they both worked if you had one plugged in with a physical cable though. Maybe your DJ can be plugged in and yours will still be on the BT. Not a great workaround but maybe it's something.

Thanks, I'll give that a shot. Play musical phones (all puns intended) until we can see what formula works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daily Bread