Broken Leaf Spring Pack...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
99Yuk

99Yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, he was calling the main leaf bolts end bolts.

Good news, the stickers are still on the main leaf, so I cleaned off the mud a bit and took a photo with the cell phone.
picture.jpg

I tried to do a quick google search of the part numbers, etc, but came up empty.

And you right, I do feel better that both packs have been replaced. they should last the rest of the life-time of this truck.

And finally, I didn't know that you could buy u-bolts without the nuts, I thought it came as a package... In any event, they are cheap and should be replaced.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, found it. Here ya go.
http://www.standens.com/

I wish I new of this place, the replacement ones I got are pretty nice but yours look a lot better.

Hows the ride so far?

OP
OP
99Yuk

99Yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hehe, I didn't realize that there may be different kinds.... there is a local company in town called 'Regional Spring' They mostly do heavy duty commercial trucks, but they also sell to pickups, etc on the side. I just gave my year make model and asked for two replacement spring packs. This is what I got.

As for the ride? I like them.. coupled with the Monroe Reflex shocks, I hardly get the tail end bounce sideways going over washboard. I can do 80kph on WB without my teeth rattling, so it's good I guess.

EastTXYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey 99Yuk, could you do me a favor and measure from the ground up to the bottom of the fender on your Yukon now that you have new spring packs on? Take the measurement through the center of the rear wheels if you don't mind.

I think my springs are sagging, but I need a point of reference to see just how much they are sagging, if any. I appreciate the heklp.

OP
OP
99Yuk

99Yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey 99Yuk, could you do me a favor and measure from the ground up to the bottom of the fender on your Yukon now that you have new spring packs on? Take the measurement through the center of the rear wheels if you don't mind.

I think my springs are sagging, but I need a point of reference to see just how much they are sagging, if any. I appreciate the heklp.

Sure, no worries. I measured 35" from ground to the chrome lip on the fender on both sides, center of the wheels. I'm on my winter tires and rims, which are stock 16" rims wrapped in winterforce 245/75/16, which I believe is bone stock. Hope that helps.

Now I'm curious, what should the fronts be? I also measured 35" at the fronts too. but I keep reading about the fronts supposed to be lower? Hence the need to crank the front to level the truck? So what is the stock height on the fronts supposed to be?

Blaznchevy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I got a question I'm doing the same thing and replacing the leaf spring on the driver side. If dropping the gas tank is necessary dI'd u have to remove the connecting hoses and the harness and completely remove the rank or just lower it enough to remove the bolt

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
it is best to remove it and while it is down clean it up.it is possible that if you try to support it and the support fails you run the risk of damaging a connection and risk fuel spillage. BTW never just replace one spring pack always do both.

Blaznchevy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
it is best to remove it and while it is down clean it up.it is possible that if you try to support it and the support fails you run the risk of damaging a connection and risk fuel spillage. BTW never just replace one spring pack always do both.
Thanks for the info. I wish I could change both springs but can't really afford both right now. Thinking of just putting the one and then the other on the next paycheck or just taking out the caprice til I fix the tahoe.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
if paycheck is in a few weeks then good as long as you don't get it aligned till after both are in and you don't wait a long time to get the second on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dzg9