Braking issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fleetgeo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed when driving at a constant speed of 15-20 and hit the brakes a little hard I hear a small bit loud but noticeable clunk sound and also hear a little squeak or some sort of squeal ???

Any opinions are greatly appreciated I need the help thank you guys lol

cmc76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would also check u joints and yokes. there is tons of writeups on drive line clunk that can be remedied.

OP
OP
Fleetgeo

Fleetgeo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced the u joint and yolk a month ago it only happenes when I brake hard besides that it drives like a dream

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced the u joint and yolk a month ago it only happenes when I brake hard besides that it drives like a dream

I would pull the wheels and check the pads. If they're low and worn they'll make the obvious squeal and can also move back and forth in the caliper.

Does it make the noise of concern when you put the vehicle in drive or reverse and initially hit the brake? Or does it make this noise each time you hit the brake?

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I changed pads and rotors at all four corners, I had a clunk noise that was rotational from 20-0, but not hard braking - more of a gentle stop. I had fiddled with the parking brake a bit when I had it torn apart. Ended up engaging the parking brake via pedal and releasing several times and no more clunk.

OP
OP
Fleetgeo

Fleetgeo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would pull the wheels and check the pads. If they're low and worn they'll make the obvious squeal and can also move back and forth in the caliper.

Does it make the noise of concern when you put the vehicle in drive or reverse and initially hit the brake? Or does it make this noise each time you hit the brake?

Yea it only happenes when I brake kind of hard doesn't happen in any other gear only in drive while braking and I do noticed not a squeal but sounds like a rusty bike driving really slow kind of sound