Brake lines ? SAE, Metric, or what ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HDRock1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure I picked up the right brake lines.
What I got are called Domestic

OP
OP
HDRock1

HDRock1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3/16 line goes across the front, from the left ,just under the evap can to the right wheel.
The ones I got say American thread, standard flare
I didn't take old one off yet.
My main concern is about the fittings on the end of the lines

Last edited:

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
when you cut the old line out put the old fittings on newly shaped tube before flaring the ends.

---------- Post added at 12:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 AM ----------

or you can buy new ones. gm 15720627

Monzter Mike

Reaction score
If your lines are 3/16", they will be a double flair with a 3/8"-24 thread size flair nut. If your lines are 1/4" the flair nut will be a 7/16"-24 size nut. The only place I can think that the flair nuts would be a different size at would be at the master cylinder. I haven't ran new lines to an ABS controller, so those could be a strange flair nut size like the master cylinders. GM didn't use metric lines on trucks till they went to the new body style Tahoe in 2006 & new body style truck in 2007.

OP
OP
HDRock1

HDRock1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your lines are 3/16", they will be a double flair with a 3/8"-24 thread size flair nut. If your lines are 1/4" the flair nut will be a 7/16"-24 size nut. The only place I can think that the flair nuts would be a different size at would be at the master cylinder. I haven't ran new lines to an ABS controller, so those could be a strange flair nut size like the master cylinders. GM didn't use metric lines on trucks till they went to the new body style Tahoe in 2006 & new body style truck in 2007.

All right ! double flair with a 3/8"-24 thread size flair nut, good info, thats what I got.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts