Bottom of rear fender right behind the rear tires.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

msj724

Reaction score
Is anyone else experiencing excess wear at this location on their Tahoe/Yukon? Behind the front tires it is not that bad due to the running boards, but I am getting a good amount of chips and I can see the color is starting to change a little due to all of the debris that hits this point. The bigger tires and wheels make these trucks looks so much better, but I guess it comes at a price. I wax these spots every time I wash just for extra protection. I bought the painted splash guards, but I am not crazy with how it looks. They take away from the aggressive look of the vehicle (IMO). Has anyone used or considered that clear adhesive by 3M like they use on the hoods? I have seen fender and bumper kits for this product, but I have never had anyone give me their opinion on it.

nc6600

ps trucks in drive
Reaction score
I am running the OEM 20s on my truck and have not experienced a problem but i also have the GM molded splash guards.

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
I notice it on my rig big time. I have a black LTZ and sometimes it almost looks like the paint is turning white in that same spot. However, if I was not looking for it, I would never even notice it except when I wash her.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
How do you still have debris after splash guards, I have them with no problems!
And it can't be because of the 22" tire because its not that much bigger than your stocker unless its an offroad tire!?

OP
OP
M

msj724

Reaction score
I haven't put the splashguards on yet. I am still debating. I sort of halfway put them on just to get an idea of how it will look, and that is when I realized I wasn't sure how they looked. Same goes for me Conor....I just see it when I wash it. I get pissed, but then stand back and look at it and you can't see it while standing back. How do you feel about your splash guards Nnaboy?

Scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM paint is horrible. My truck has never been through car wash and know how to wash and detail a vehicle. I am getting wear and paint chips like no other. I maintain the truck so I have the right to be pissed at the cr@p paint.

OP
OP
M

msj724

Reaction score
I hear you on that Scotto. I put way more wax on my cars than needed and still get little chips and wear spots.

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
GM paint is horrible. My truck has never been through car wash and know how to wash and detail a vehicle. I am getting wear and paint chips like no other. I maintain the truck so I have the right to be pissed at the cr@p paint.

Ya I gotta agree...I have a gen2 and my paint is really fragile when it comes to chips and scratches...I got a ton of litle suckers all over the truck

BOSS

ackdog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've been thinking of buying the GM molded splash guards or the black Husky splash guards, do any of you have any pictures of the GM variety that you can post. It seems like all of the pictures I have found are from a distance and I can't really get a good idea of what they will look like.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Hey MSJ24 the splash guars work good, I'm a little lost here though. My paint on my 2007 Tahoe is still very fresh looking. Apart from occassional swirls (Black car of course) its fine. Now wear chips scratches or anything. I'm also constantly asked how I keep it so clean and shiny, all I do is wash with MICROFIBERS only with Liquid Ice cap soap or use CONTACTLESS Exxon car washes, when I say contactless I mean none of those big brush blue/black crap whacking the car, just high pressure automatic washes!
Plus I wash it every week its in use!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076