Blowing U-Joints

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RI95Tahoe

Reaction score
Back again for more input. Thanks for everything so far.

I literally just put in new U-Joints on the rear driveshaft this past weekend. Put maybe 50 miles on the truck and the notorious "CLUNK" is starting again already and there is a little play in the rear (connecting to the rear end) joint already.

Is there something I should be looking at to cause a U-Joint to go bad so quick? I don't beat on my truck nor have I been off-road with it (yet).

As usual....any input would be greatly appreciated.

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
okay if your tearing up U joints that fast then something else is wrong in your rear diff causing you to wear out your u joints fast remove the rear diff draing plug its a magnet see if theres any metal stuck to it also the crush bearing in your diff mite need to be replaced

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
you can check your pinion alignment with a angle meter. take the shaft and move it around looking for play as well.

2011-03-26_210629_pic1.jpg

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

the yokes must be in parallel with each other regardless of whether or not they are at the same level. but the diffy is always lower.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xay2Smoove