Blower Motor Resistor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CincyTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2005 Tahoe Z71 - Yesterday I received a call from my wife that the front AC/Heater fan was staying on after the truck was powered down. I walked her through pulling the blower fuse to save the battery while I researched what the hell is going on. While doing some research here (thanks) I have come to the conclusion that the root cause is likely the blower motor resister. Before I order it would someone be willing to share the part number they used? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

CincyTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The auto climate control (with the digital display) is the CJ2

The manual (with the sliders) is the CJ3

CJ2 uses the part number above and is actually called the Blower Motor Control Module while the CJ3 uses the Resistor.

For what it's worth the CJ2 control module replacement is pretty straightforward (thanks YouTube) and resolved my issue. #HappyWife

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blatta1999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I replaced my blower resistor and I went from the blower not working To now it will not shut off. Is this a faulty resistor? I have the Tahoe with climate control and I got the replacement resistor for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyc2011Denali