Another bad blower motor resistor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5x10

Reaction score
My 05 would change fan speeds for the ac
bought a new resistor, put it in, and it fixed it

it even seems like I had a higher fan speed now, top one is even stronger than before
but

as we drove, I noticed a pulsing in the fan speed
to the point I no longer have the higher speed now
when I ajust from the top to 2nd to top speed, there’s no adjustment
it seems consistent and still adjusts but I no longer have the top speed I once had
‘’thoughts on what the issue could be?
i may just use what I have
were taking it on a 3 hour trip next week so I need to make sure I get it fixed

thanks

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have a cabin filter in the truck? If yes, when is the last time that you changed it and inspected the enclosure to stuff that doesn't belong in there?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
First, I don't think the cabin air filter can be "closed and non accessible". If it has a cabin air filter, you can change it.

Secondly, at RA, when you look up the blower resistor, it says to change the wiring harness at the same time. Did you do that?

OP
OP

5x10

Reaction score
First, I don't think the cabin air filter can be "closed and non accessible". If it has a cabin air filter, you can change it.

Secondly, at RA, when you look up the blower resistor, it says to change the wiring harness at the same time. Did you do that?
Must not have one then. I had an 04 Silverado and I was able to find and replace
rhe same spot on my Escalade is sealed
i have seen videos where they dremel out the bottom in order to add/replace

i did not change out any wires, the kit I received already had one wire attached and a connect from another wire

OP
OP

5x10

Reaction score
I switched out the blower motor and getting the same same issue

high works for a little bit, but it intermittently gets a little slower to the point it settles on the speed one lower
’also hearing a little thud that pretty repetitive coming from the dash

any thoughts

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think @OR VietVet has the right of it: You need to replace some wiring. Sounds like you have a short that is providing more power than the resistor/resistor motor can handle. Alternatively, you may not have the right resistor. This is not a criticism of you or anything; I'm just hoping to help. My experience is that sometimes it is nice to be wrong -- because it fixes my issue. But your mileage may vary.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
payneml