BlackBear tuned!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

COTahoeLS

Reaction score
I know that Justin asked me for my wheel/tire size when he tuned me. He said that the odometer and mpg computer would be better able to calculate true values. Now that I'm back on stock rims/tires, I notice it still thinks I'm rolling on the 24's that he inputted into my tune.

Toadster

Reaction score
we average anywhere from 12.5 to 13mpg over the course of ownership that is 80% city 20% highway...

well, on our trip to Oregon last week 90% highway, we put 1300 miles on the truck and about 75 gallons - so ~17.1MPG!

one tank we even got 18.5MPG - which is simply awesome for us! the truck down shifted much faster for climbing hills, and kept the cruise speeds MUCH more efficiently than before the tune - well worth the money!

just wanted to add some 'fuel' to the question of "does the tune give you a MPG increase" - YES!'

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It takes a bit for the PCM to learn all the settings, so the tunes should get better the more you drive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo