black tahoe moldings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lil CacAzn Nick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone debadged your moldings and still have them just laying around? i really want to put the moldings back on my car and the ones that i bought got warped and wont go on right so its been driving me nuts. if any one has any extras that i could buy for cheap? id really appreciate it.
Nick

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have some I took off a few weeks ago from a summit white tahoe ltz 08 but they are curling up. Looks like it could be bent back though.

OP
OP
L

Lil CacAzn Nick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the ones i bought from you they said werent able to be put back on and that theyd curl eventually and start coming off. I might try to leave them flat in my garage for a while though with something heavy on top of them and see if that works.

AZBrewCrew

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not to hijack ths, but I have a side molding question.
I debadged my black 2009 on the first day I had it (June 2009). Now I would like to take the side molding off.
What are the chances the paint will still look close enough to not show the aging of the rest of the car? I don't want to take them off and have any ghost image from where they were!

DwDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a set I'll sell for $120 shipped and they are black.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
the ones i bought from you they said werent able to be put back on and that theyd curl eventually and start coming off. I might try to leave them flat in my garage for a while though with something heavy on top of them and see if that works.

Yeah that will work, just like trying to straighten a dollar bill. I say you put them under your mattress on the side of your bed that you sleep on. Do not buy them elsewhere because it will be the same issue.
If anyone else does not have curling after removal, they must have already found a way to straighten it because the type of material they are made of will curl if not stopped somehow. They were just about 100% straight when I first removed them.
Also a heat gun (don't use this unless you have used one before so you don't mess anything up)or hot air dryer (the type girls use) to the back of it will quickly fix this issue.

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

Not to hijack ths, but I have a side molding question.
I debadged my black 2009 on the first day I had it (June 2009). Now I would like to take the side molding off.
What are the chances the paint will still look close enough to not show the aging of the rest of the car? I don't want to take them off and have any ghost image from where they were!

Well since it only a bit over a year old you may be fine.
If you cared alot to make sure the exterior has been grime free it will be even better. If your the type that always has a dirty truck, do yourself a favor and leave them on.:Handshake:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leno1364

Latest posts