black paint.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CbChevyLt_99

Reaction score
everytime i wax my truck i notice when im wiping i get these little spots that no matter how much i rub they dont come out its like pits i could say but you cant feel them. ive never used a clay bar on a vehicle and ive only own this one since november of last year. what would be the best thing/things i can use to get that black to a smooth wet glossy shine ?

GalaxyBlackEsky

BlackedoutLT3
Reaction score
Best thing to get paint back to being smooth and glossy is to start fresh. Wash with dish detergent. I use Adams car wash shampo and 2-3oz of Adams All purpose cleaner to strip the wax off. Then go over and clay the car. Then best thing to do is high speed buffer then finish off with wax. If you don't have a high speed buffer then just use wax but it doesn't get all the imperfections out of the paint.

OP
OP
CbChevyLt_99

CbChevyLt_99

Reaction score
QUOTE=BlackedoutLT3;574018]Best thing to get paint back to being smooth and glossy is to start fresh. Wash with dish detergent. I use Adams car wash shampo and 2-3oz of Adams All purpose cleaner to strip the wax off. Then go over and clay the car. Then best thing to do is high speed buffer then finish off with wax. If you don't have a high speed buffer then just use wax but it doesn't get all the imperfections out of the paint.[/QUOTE]

ive never heard of adams where do you get it at? and i feel like an idiot asking how clay a car cause ive never done it but ive waxed all my cars as long as i can remember:emotions122:

GalaxyBlackEsky

BlackedoutLT3
Reaction score
:) Np. here is the link to their site great products and service. http://www.adamspolishes.com/

For claying easy to do. Just wash the car then after drying it it. You just get the clay bar out and quick detail and spray the area and clay it. but youtube it will show you better.

OP
OP
CbChevyLt_99

CbChevyLt_99

Reaction score
:) Np. here is the link to their site great products and service. http://www.adamspolishes.com/

For claying easy to do. Just wash the car then after drying it it. You just get the clay bar out and quick detail and spray the area and clay it. but youtube it will show you better.

holy shit i feel like a kid in a candy store on this website!

thanks bro
:High 5:

Last edited:

turq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought the wax that I just bought was expensive at 17 dollars. Dang I am cheap.

Sinister1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've been using Adams since 2006, and swear by all their products as well as their customer service (which they fully stand behind). It's certainly not your typical run-of-the-mill product. If you want your vehicle to have that glossy shine with depth, Adams is what you're looking for ( and no....I do not work for them)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to add what was recommended to me by a neighbor (who actually doesn't currently own a black vehicle) about turtle wax black box kit... it includes pre-cleaner/conditioner, wax, and detailer sprays, along with application pads (which you probably won't need).. I'm gonna take some before and after pics this weekend and hopefully the s3's camera can capture the difference.. The amazon reviews and customer pics are looking good but I want to see myself.

Anyone already tried this product?

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

Left out the part where I'm also gonna try out the Forever Black Bumper & Trim conditioner which is for the bumpers, moldings, door handles etc. I was also told the Back to black is good but saw mixed reactions which made it seem like it wasn't fool proof with the product streaking from the window molding down to the windows, so I got this instead... I'll try to post pics sometime this sat or sun...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DOC1583