Black Lug Nuts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What lug nuts should I buy to go with matte black Sierra 20's? I was looking at the McGard 84640 Black Chrome with Lock kit $137.

- Are there cheaper options out there that will look good?
- Will the Black Chrome lugs look okay with Matte Black wheels?
- I don't what lugs that stick out far past the wheel. How long should lugs be?

McGard Specs
  • M14 x 1.5 Thread Size
  • 1.945" Overall Length

OneTwo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a set of Gorilla lug nuts that came with the wheels I bought. They look like the ones in the picture below and look fine with my matte black KMC Skitch wheels.

They aren't exactly the pinnacle of wheel security, but I'm sure they're much cheaper than $137 a set.

gor-26108bc_xl.jpg

OP
OP
S

Scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what the shortest length lug I can use on my 2008 Tahoe? Will be mounting Sierra wheels.

AppocAlexx

Darth Appocalexx
Reaction score
I got these for my wheels http://www.amazon.com/AccuWheel-LNS...&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00 40$ and although they may not keep they black on them in the long run after a few times of rotating but I eventually want to go to a spiked lug nut and sorry I'm not sure on the length actually "needed" I just went with the longer ones to be safe. I would say that you may be on with some smaller acorn size but not positive. It felt like I could have used some smaller ones but I didn't take the time to research when I bought mine.

$_35.JPG

I want a set like these but they run around the 200$ range for a set. Like I said I would think you should be ok but the thing you have worry about is the stud busting through the top of the lug nut. Good luck.

AppocAlexx

Darth Appocalexx
Reaction score
IMG_3509_zpsjhzqbyxn.jpg

SOOO SICK! just thought I would share another pic, but this is kind of what I will be going for.

Boyntonx2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought those same gorrilla lugs on amazon for $60. No way would I spend over $100 for lugs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waiteben84

Latest posts