Black Bear Tune Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cav01c14

Reaction score
just out of curiosity, what specs/changes did you ask for in your tune?

Here is what I asked for.

Something that would shift faster and make use of the full rpm capable of this motor. I did not want anything that banged or jerked around. I also asked for the speed limiter to be higher to make use of the full speedometer. I was sent an engine tune and two transmission tunes.

Kp15460

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I uploaded my BB tune for my 07 Suburban in October. The directions are simple and it's easy to install. Tuned to 93 octane, with much better shifting and throttle response with AFM disabled.

I'm very satisfied

Smokymance

Boosted
Reaction score
I got error code 0533 once and freaked out, thought i broke my computer...but ended up being my sub-par tuning skills...

BBP might be a tad slow sometimes, but Justin knows what hes doing...he has yet to see my truck and shes been running supercharged for about 3 years

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got error code 0533 once and freaked out, thought i broke my computer...but ended up being my sub-par tuning skills...

BBP might be a tad slow sometimes, but Justin knows what hes doing...he has yet to see my truck and shes been running supercharged for about 3 years
What's your average fuel consumption with that blower

Smokymance

Boosted
Reaction score
Last time i checked freeway, i got about 15-16 on the freeway towing a boat down, AC, three people, full load if stuff, etc etc....
I prob monstly drive city...terrible stop and go home to work..it basically idles half the time...id get lucky to get more than 265-275 miles per tank...that's around 12.5mpg

devious1

Full Access Member
Reaction score

hi jenna, based on what the customer requested, i am curious as to what parameters are changed. reading through the forum, i've gathered at torque management % and shift points are usually changed and AFM disabled. not trying to bust balls or anything, but when you get an alignment, they would provide a report of previous and current specs and i was wondering if BB would be able to provide a similar report so that end users would have a better understanding of what has been or can be changed.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
There are hundreds of tables that can be changed within EFILive. Each vehicle is different, especially when the scan cable/AutoCal is being used- as tuning is based on datalogs from the exact vehicle.

Custom tunes are not like handhelds (ie. Diablo, hypertechs) where a specific set of parameters are changed by a certain %. Each vehicle has a nuance, whether it be pinging from fuel, or running too lean from an aftermarket intake. Then you get into major bolt ons, like cams, stall, blower, spray etc. Different years also present different OS parameters.

In short, there is no "list" of what can be changed, as it is infinite, and vehicle dependent. If you are interested, I encourage you to hit EFILive.com so you can see how the programming side of the house works. This should help you better understand what all goes into tuning a vehicle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz