Black Bear Tune Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hiram

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm having trouble with uploading my new tune files to my 2007 Tahoe.

I received the file from Justin, downloaded them to my PC, then to my AutoCal.

When I try uploading the file to my Tahoe, the AutoCal displays a message with error code 0533.

I did an EFI Live update that was sent in the email I got with my tune. All firmware and config files are up to date.

Does anyone know how to fix this? This is highly annoying.

Just FYI, I already emailed Justin a few days ago and haven't received a response. My emails must be going to his junk folder.

cav01c14

Reaction score
I can't wait to have my turn however I just noticed they will now be at SEMA so who knows when they will be able to respond. Too bad I just ordered mine last week and now it's going to be awhile before I can use it.

M3kanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 0553 code means that you need to update your auto cal. You can do it from the black bear or efi live Web site. Then try it again.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

FrankU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have some patience they will get back to you as soon as they possibly can. They maybe at SEMA. They're service is very good . They're tune is fantastic.

FWIW BB did a tune 2 years ago on my 06 Tahoe SSV it made a big difference in drivability etc. Very well worth it. My 06 SSV is going to my son and I'll be picking up my 12 SSV soon. First thing is a tune from BB.

As one can tell I'm very happy with they're work. A highly recommended vendor.

devious1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it took me about a month of trying to figure it out, updating, waiting for emails, etc. before i got my tune up and going. i've pretty much settled for what i got and i'm over it.

cav01c14

Reaction score
Well I got everything sent over to me and once I figured our I needed to update both 7.5 and 8 I was up and running. Installed the Engine tune on Wednesday. Just going out the door to install the transmission tune now. I will report back in a little while.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
There are only 2 full time employees at BBP, so they can get a tad backed up on email responses, however, every email gets a response. Just be sure not to send multiple emails, as this will increase your wait time. The guys answer emails in the order received.

All the AutoCal instructions as well as error codes are on the online instructions. If folks continue to have issues, I am happy to try to address them via PM.

devious1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm having trouble with uploading my new tune files to my 2007 Tahoe.

I received the file from Justin, downloaded them to my PC, then to my AutoCal.

When I try uploading the file to my Tahoe, the AutoCal displays a message with error code 0533.

I did an EFI Live update that was sent in the email I got with my tune. All firmware and config files are up to date.

Does anyone know how to fix this? This is highly annoying.

Just FYI, I already emailed Justin a few days ago and haven't received a response. My emails must be going to his junk folder.

just out of curiosity, what specs/changes did you ask for in your tune?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019