Black Bear Tune Denali/Escalade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nick2440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im looking for reviews from anyone who has an 07-14 Escalade or Denali that has been tuned by Black Bear. I have a stock 07 escalade and was looking to get the tune for better performance from a stock application and also smooth out my idle if possible. Anyone have any review to provide?

I dont want to drop 300 bucks on a tune if it will be a waste of money.

harveje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
interested too esp. for idle, AFM work around and mpg.

OP
OP
nick2440

nick2440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like the idle issue is common on these motors. Not as smooth as you would think.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Noticeable difference in transmission shifting points. Whether it's worth 300 is totally subjective... I've got a 6.2 esky with airaid intake/bb tune.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Best $ you'll ever spend on your truck.

Mikes07

Reaction score
Couldn't agree more with soulsea. Hands down the best money spent. I have the Autocal from blackbear and when I did my 08 denali it was insane. I recently traded it for an 07 escalade and once I sell the parts I stripped off the denali I'm tuning the caddy.

PlatinumYukon

Reaction score
I just emailed Alex, Is the In-Person tune better than an AutoCal? He is in my area April 4th. What are the benefits or disadvantages of one over the other?
thanks

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's the same. Autocal advantage is you can switch different tunes or go back to stock whenever you want. I bought a used one from a member on here.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just emailed Alex, Is the In-Person tune better than an AutoCal? He is in my area April 4th. What are the benefits or disadvantages of one over the other?
thanks

In person tune is the way to go. Justin drives around with you and does the programming whilst interacting with you, and so is able to fine tune it according to your specific needs even more so than via a long distance tune.

The Autocal has no effect on the tune itself, it is simply a storage and upload/download device so you can switch tunes. Some people like to upload their stock tune when they take their truck to the dealer, others have more than one tune depending if they are using one for towing, another for performance, and another for fuel economy. All this tunes can be stored on your PC (not Mac), uploaded onto the Autocal, and then uploaded to the truck as needed.

The Cerberus

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I giggled like a little girl for 10 minutes when I installed my tune. Completely different vehicle. It's almost depressing when you install stock tune.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DB1337

Latest posts