Black Bear Performance opinions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02BigBoy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Curious on others experience purchasing a tune from Black Bear Performance. I am in the process if purchasing currently and the communication with them so far is terrible. If I have a question there is no phone numbers to call, not even after the process is started and it takes 24 hours to get an email reply which will be a very minimal brief reply. I decided to get a tune from them based in all the great reviews on this site and others but so far I must say that I am not impressed bc there customer service seems to be non existent . When spending money with a company it's nice if can feel business is appreciated and right now I definitely do not feel that way. Starting to question what I am doing.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This has come up before

Apparently they are always really busy but always come through

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This has come up before

Apparently they are always really busy but always come through

x2

If you send multiple emails, it pulls your first email in to your last. You can PM them from here or send 1 email to [email protected] and they will get back to you

They should be in this thread shortly as well... ;)

Last edited:

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
BBP is a two man shop. 25th hundreds of emails coming in every day, the guys can be a bit behind. Each and every email is responded to, along with tunes going out, and inperson tunes being taken care of.

Shoot me a PM with the email you are sending from and I elk see where the wait is coming into play.

I will mention, that Justin has had a sick infant at home, so his response time has taken a hit.

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

Just found your email chain, not sure where you feel communication fell off, as Jarrad mentioned that you are in the review queue. Not sure what to say on the brief replies, as the email responses answered your questions, was something missing?

A few things need to happen in the tuning process, these are not canned tunes. Once the log file is sent, it has to be reviewed for completeness prior to even moving to the build queue. Once the file is deemed appropriate, payment for the tune will be requested and your tune will be built.

OP
OP

02BigBoy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If email responses were as fast as replies to this post I would have no complaints at all or even if got replies in like 2 hours like just above, but that doesn't seem to happen. Every email I have sent it has been like 12-24 hour response time. I submitted my logs on Sunday and didn't even get an acknowledgement of that until Tuesday. Understand not replying on Sundays as that is the weekend but being in sales myself I can say that if my communication was like this I would be out of job and my competition would be cleaning up.

OP
OP

02BigBoy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
And I really don't mean to be negative, as I am excited to get the tune and have been waiting a while to do it. I was just wondering if what I seem to be receiving is just normal operating procedure. Also Jenna your explanation if the process is the first I was told that. No where on the website does it explain that process and it' wasn't relayed to me via email either, hence why I feel the emails are short and lack pertinent info like what is going on in the sales cycle.

Last edited:

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The guys have been trying to come up with the best way to put the process out. The problem is, not everyone reads. Also, how to make it a graphical depiction.

Either way, you are definitely in the queue, and the last email from Jarrad stated that Justin would be in touch as soon as he reviewed the logs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redoak76

Latest posts