Best Tune?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like black bear autocal is the best out there. Does anyone know typcial power gains?

I do not have a before and after, just factory specs and after the tune. Stock, my truck was rated for 310 horsepower, SAE Net. After the tune, with a failing cat, it made 302 Rear Wheel Horsepower through the traps in the quarter mile. My tune is mild too. Justin would make changes and I'd ask him to dial it back some and he did. I reckon the tune unleashed about 25 rear wheel horsepower. To know for sure I'd need to know how much horsepower it takes to turn the 6L80. The differential takes about 15 hp if memory serves.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We would be happy to help with a tune. As everyone mentioned we can provide tunes without you having to go to one of our tune events. Let us know if you have any questions.

that autocal have a import for a wideband for higher performance remote tunes?

being ive got my head wrapped around how tuning works, ( it dont happen over night, and your always learning new stuff) i got a hpt tuner. woke the hell out of my stock tahoe. i dont even have a intake. all factory still.

trans tune is what you'll literally feel the most of a tune on a stock car/truck. you know driving it all normal like. you feel that in the shifts and how the tc locks up, how it holds a gear better at lower rpm/throttle %. then the good old skip shifts really feel good when you need to get going.

OP
OP
CamReynolds

CamReynolds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much total is the scan cable tune after all of the deposits and refunds for a 2005 tahoe?

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BlackBear all day long.
Beyond the power increase alone, the enhancements to throttle response, shift schedule and overall drivability make it a slam dunk.

Last edited:

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Sounds like black bear autocal is the best out there. Does anyone know typcial power gains?

Way back when, I had mine dynoed. No mods was around 270 if I remember correctly. After tune, volant intake, resonator delete, magnaflow muffler and corvette servo, I had a 18 hp gain if I remember correctly. This was my last dyno run with a Maggie supercharger at 10psi and a blown pinion bearing. I have no doubt that I’m well above
That now that I have a functional drivetrain.

4292EE8A-70D2-45C5-B940-B8A8C0BABC6E.jpeg

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@BlackBearPerf would y’all be able to perform a traditional tune for a Tahoe 5.3flex runnin 37’s and 5.13 gears? Or what would my options be? Also the ‘customer rides’ link on your website is not currently working, Incase y’all are not aware already. Hear nothing but great things and am pretty interested in what y’all have to offer.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
@BlackBearPerf would y’all be able to perform a traditional tune for a Tahoe 5.3flex runnin 37’s and 5.13 gears? Or what would my options be? Also the ‘customer rides’ link on your website is not currently working, Incase y’all are not aware already. Hear nothing but great things and am pretty interested in what y’all have to offer.

Here we go .... Gunner gots the fever!

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We would be happy to help. What year is your vehicle?

Thanks for letting us know about the customer rides section, we are working on it. We also have our customer rides on our Facebook page, if you want to check that out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo