Best option for replacing stock shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shock guy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Lots of great ideas on here.....when I try to open the links they didn't work for me....are the bilstein shocks rebuildable?

pizzle

Reaction score
i like the idea of the Moog springs and rancho shocks. How are you guys clearing the error code on the dash when you bypass the autoride system

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i like the idea of the Moog springs and rancho shocks. How are you guys clearing the error code on the dash when you bypass the autoride system

unplug the battery. remove the autoride relay. wait 10 mins. plug battery back in.

pizzle

Reaction score
unplug the battery. remove the autoride relay. wait 10 mins. plug battery back in.

so im currently getting "service ride control" because my compressor is burnt out. It burnt out because I have holes in my air shocks. So if i purchase the rancho shocks and the moog springs install those and the do the autoride relay trick your saying I should be good? No "service ride control" and no more autoride system?

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so im currently getting "service ride control" because my compressor is burnt out. It burnt out because I have holes in my air shocks. So if i purchase the rancho shocks and the moog springs install those and the do the autoride relay trick your saying I should be good? No "service ride control" and no more autoride system?

That was the same situation i was in. Yes thats how it works.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what shocks and springs do you use if you dont mind me asking

I was running (no longer have the denali) moog 81069 springs (z71/tow package springs) with two coils trimmed off and bilstein 4600's that are stock replacement for a non autoride suv

moog 81071 springs are standard springs and will ride a bit softer and an inch lower or so than the z71 springs.

pizzle

Reaction score
I was running (no longer have the denali) moog 81069 springs (z71/tow package springs) with two coils trimmed off and bilstein 4600's that are stock replacement for a non autoride suv

moog 81071 springs are standard springs and will ride a bit softer and an inch lower or so than the z71 springs.

that was just the rear end correct? you trimmed the springs because they made the rear end higher?

pizzle

Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
21 tots hoes Z71