Rear Shocks for 05 Escalade ESV (RPO G69 & Z55)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheBigler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My rear shocks are completely blown and I'm looking to replace them but there is a sea of different answers on the internet and not a lot of clarity. Can someone help point me in the right direction? I still want to utilize the stock auto ride set up unless there is a better option that won't give me check lights on the dash

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go to GMPartsDirect.com and enter your VIN. When you get to the rear shocks options, you will see 3-letter RPO code references in parentheses for each shock option which you need to match up with the RPO codes listed on your RPO code sticker in your glove box.

Eddylo714

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just found out the same thing. Still debating if I should go OEM. OEM $800 aftermarket $200.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just found out the same thing. Still debating if I should go OEM. OEM $800 aftermarket $200.
Don’t buy anything aftermarket for the Z55 option suspension unless it’s made by arnott industries. All other aftermarket options, especially the $200 price point options are junk made in china that won’t last. It’s exactly what I went through. OEM shocks or arnott industries remanufactured shocks for the Z55 system will last and perform exactly the way GM designed them to perform. There are tons of threads in the street suspension section of the 2000-2006 subforum that detail all the issues with the cheap aftermarket options. These threads also detail which parts are the best options and where they can be had, as well as detailed walk throughs on how to swap out the parts. I’d highly suggest using the search feature and checking out those threads as they will answer any questions you can think of related to the Z55 suspension setups on these trucks.

Reaction score
All of the Z55 aftermarket $200 deals are no good, and dangerous, if you see some of the failure modes. Arnott is reputable, that is it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan