???Best Car Alarm to Buy??? Tahoe Broken Into Yesterday

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
FarFromStock

FarFromStock

Reaction score
So as any of you that have read thread know I was extremely pissed off that someone punched out the locks in my Tahoe about 3 weeks ago. I have been on a security mission ever since to prevent this from happening to me or anyone else again.

This is what it looked like after the break in with the lock punchedDoor Handle Missing Lock.JPG

I spoke with a few buddies and also got the recommendation from Aaron_L to look into the JimmiJammer Door Lock Protection products. I purchased them and installed them inside my Tahoe's doors and under the hood on Saturday this past weekend.

Here are the products I installed:
-Hood Latch/cable guard Protector (Part # 2026)
- Front Door Plates Single Key Driver Door Entry (Part # 031501)
- Rear Door Plates (Part #031505)
JimmiJammer Products.JPG

The install was pretty straightforward and easy. I have taken the door panels and grill assembly apart before so nothing new to me. You will be disassembling the door panel to get access to the door handles. Really not a big deal though even if you have never done it before.

Top view of the hood latch guard with plastic cover removed
Hood Latch Protector.JPG

Top view of the hood cable guard protector with plastic cover off
Hood Cable Guard.JPG

Front Driver Door Lock Cylinder Protector Installed around Lock. This is super simple effective idea. It is a hose clamp that wraps the lock cylinder and holds the clip that holds it in place. Basically the clip that is super easy to punch out as I found out from the thief that broke into my Tahoe.
Door Lock With Clamp On.JPG

OP
OP
FarFromStock

FarFromStock

Reaction score
This is a photo of the in door protector plate mocked up so you can see it before I installed in the door
door handle mock up.JPG

Driver door Protection Plate and Lock Cylinder installed protecting the lock rods to prevent break in access through door handle or door lock
Driver Door Plate Installed.JPG

Front Passenger door Protection Plate installed protecting the lock rods to prevent break in access through door handle even though there is no lock on this side thieves could still get in with the door rod.
Front Passanger Door Plate Installed.JPG

And last but not least a shot of the rear door Protection Plate installed protecting the lock rods to prevent break in access through door handle
Rear Door Plate Installed.JPG

OP
OP
FarFromStock

FarFromStock

Reaction score
.... AND holly F**KING S**T I wake up to this Monday morning 2 days after installing!!! That's twice this shit has happened to me in less than a month!!
Damage Photo 1.JPG

The really ****** ironic part about this is I was getting up early Labor day morning to take my Tahoe over to my alarm guy to have the new 2way alarm with cell phone pager system installed this morning and came out to this.

The positive of the situation:
This is a first hand testament to the validity and great protection the JimmiJammer in door lock protection plates provide. The Thief tried to punch the lock, pry the lock cylinder and jam something under the door handle to get in and was not able to get access to my Tahoe.

I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND these products, a damn good alarm as well as really good insurance. Just have to pay my comprehensive deductible now for the vandalism, but hey at least they did not get into my Tahoe or worse yet steal it. More layers of security the better IMO. If someone wants my baby they are going to have to work DAMN hard to get her... And seriously hope I am not near when the page goes off, wouldn't mind exercising my dog and shotgun on a thief trespassing on my property.

3 other cars on my block were hit the same night F**kers!!

OhFourChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use rock salt in the first round in my shotgun.
It serves as a warning shot (keeps it more legal/TX castle law only goes so far) while still inflicting some sort of retribution if I don't end up pulling the trigger the second time

OhFourChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be getting one of those Jimmie jammers now though for sure, sorry to hear about your truck

Junior_22g

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wow talk about shit luck. I e had stuff stolen out of my trucks before, it sucks. I feel your pain.
Definitely goi g to look into thise jammers. They look great.
Hopefully you are done with the tampering. Sheesh!

Hyperion

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone have any opinions on Compustar or Viper? I'm doing a big stereo build and need a damn good alarm along with the jimmy jammer plates.

hulk161

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have compustar and I love how you can add on. Not a close system like viper.

Only option I didnt get is the camera feauture that takes pics when the alarm is triggered but after seeing this thread I might be giving them a call.

Viper just has the money and the name. Compustar is a better product

OP
OP
FarFromStock

FarFromStock

Reaction score
I wanted to add one more update to the JimmiJammer plates. I got the door handle and lock replaced and had the door panel repaired and repainted as well. My insurance paid for me to replace the JimmiJammer plate so I took them up on that to have one that was scratch free (even though you cant see it lol) get the bad vibes of the attempted break-in away. I want to note though that the jimmijammer plate was fine aside from some scratches and a very minor bend. I have since also added the door lock cover to the handle assembly. It honestly does not add a lot of security, but the look of might throw someone off enough to move on to the next vehicle. It is basically a piece of plastic that is cone-shaped to make it harder to get a flat surface to try and punch the lock out. I thought about getting a handle with no lock but then if the trucks battery ever goes dead I would not have a way to gain entry to put the hood.

Here is a photo of what it looks like nowDoor Handle with Lock Cover.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iasylum