Best 6 Inch lift kit for 2001 Chevy Tahoe LT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Leedogg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure it you have bought a lift yet. I went with the rough Country on my burb. I have done some decent wheeling with it, and it has awesome manners on the street. I had no experience with the others, but I am sure BDS, pro comp, etc are just as good or better. I still had to do some trimming to run my 35's, mainly the front bumper. But I think my 300K+ mile torsion bars are a bit weak.

As for the gearing- I am still stock geared- and you may as well forget about OD on anything other than dead flat land. I drive my truck in 3rd everywhere, But it is a toy/ towing vehicle, so it doesn't see a ton of miles. I had planned to go to 4.88ish. I'd say 4.56 is the minimum for a daily with 35's.

Here's an idea on what I trimmed-
2013-05-05160525.jpg

5280Racer

Reaction score
I was personally looking at the FTS 7" for my wife Z71.. she wants its big and fast.. plan on using 35's reggae and what not already has a built trans by me and converter.. also swapping in a new aluminum 408 after christmas since the 200k 5.3 started to burn some oil.. and input on the FTS lifts..? also will be putting on good FOX shocks and its a pavement pounder.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667