Best 6 Inch lift kit for 2001 Chevy Tahoe LT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z-56 Hoe

What do I do????
Reaction score
10273763_10100449440202024_7596048796637069824_n.jpg not better You are lifting something and creating more rolling mass and more wind resistance on top of that they weigh a ton more

I think You will be pleased though. We Love ours.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BigWhiteBeast

BigWhiteBeast

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
View attachment 33499 not better You are lifting something and creating more rolling mass and more wind resistance on top of that they weigh a ton more

Your Tahoe looks gorgeous lol and yeah that makes sense lmao and I can't wait lol. What lift do you have on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the purple hoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Id go wit the bds lift kit thats wat i have on my tahoe and so far no complaints

It's not cheap however u don't want cheap suspension that's gonna break everytime u wheel pay the money once for good shit and u won't have worries in the long run. My 2 cents

That's my hoe 8" bds on 35's geared wit 4.56's

Attachments

• 20150512_181214.jpg
    20150512_181214.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 61

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I have the 5.3 and I drive like a normal person most of the time. And mostly suburban driving lol. And just wondering why to re gear?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not better You are lifting something and creating more rolling mass and more wind resistance on top of that they weigh a ton more

I think he's not quite sure why your recommending a gear ratio change

Trying to keep this simple. Hopefully this is helpful.

If you change tire size to a larger tire it has a similar effect on your vehicle as mover to a numerically lower final drive ratio. The engine RPMs will be lower @ a given speed.

Taking off from a stop/accelerating would be noticably slower with bigger tires and the stock final drive ratios. You might not be able to get the truck to shift into O/D on the highway either which would really kill mileage.

4.56's in conjunction with 35" tires would be similar to factory ratios. You'll still lose some mileage and acceleration due to heavier wheels and tires and increase wind resistance on the highway, but it wont be as bad.

This isn't exactly correct for our vehicle but it would give you an idea:

12di2ZH.png

Last edited:

ATIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New here guys, Is there a thread of pics of everybody's lifts for comparison in heights. I know what I want when I see it on the street, but it's kinda hard to tell in photos without some points of reference to a stock truck.

Black4x4

Reaction score
I have a 6" lift from Pro Comp and 35s on my 2002 Tahoe and I love it. Been a solid daily driver for years now with some offroad trips in between.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarkHearse