Belltech Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ulakovic22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a Belltech 1019 to install on my 2016 Escalade, now I'm thinking about putting it on my 2014 Tahoe LT (Smooth Ride). I believe the back kit (34324) will work, but I'm unsure of the spindle. I thought I read that it will, but wanted to double check. TIA!

Graystone_OG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably not. The spindle part # for 07-14 is 2511. This one is 2514

OP
OP
U

ulakovic22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I've reached out to Belltech as well because on their website they list 2509, 2511 and 2514 for the 2014. Not sure of all the idiosyncrasies with control arms (cast or stamped steel or aluminum), 2WD/4WD and autoride, non-autoride.

Graystone_OG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both are 2" drop spindles but the 2511 is meant for 3" drops or more. It has better ball joint angles or something like that.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recently just went through this shopping for mine. The major difference affecting my decision was the 2509 uses all through hole bolts to hold the hub on. The 2511 uses a stud and nut on the top hole, which to me is less reliable IMHO. @iamdub had a bad experience with this so based off his experience I went with the 2509. Here is a link to his thread about it:

Another problem I had installing these was mine were not clearanced for the speed sensor and I had to grind notches in the damn things which pssd me off. I have yet to hear anybody else having to do this on their installs.

You also have to cut the ball joint studs down and even then there is barely enough clearance to clear the wheel if you are running 17”. I also just noticed last night during an inspection I have a slight rub mark on of the CV boots from the upper nut.

IMG_5756.jpeg

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
W511 is for 2 or more drop aligns and different caster/camber

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently just went through this shopping for mine. The major difference affecting my decision was the 2509 uses all through hole bolts to hold the hub on. The 2511 uses a stud and nut on the top hole, which to me is less reliable IMHO. @iamdub had a bad experience with this so based off his experience I went with the 2509.

HOLD UP! Lemme clear up some confusion here: All of the Belltech spindles use all three holes for the hub so they bolt up just like stock. The difference between the 2509 and 2511 is if you wanna drop it more than the 2" spindles provide. The 2511 spindles have revised geometries for better ball joint angles at larger drops.

It's the McGaughy spindles (totally different brand) that use a stud and nut for the upper hub bolt mount. I've figured out the reasons for this and agree with them. I've also found that the torque specs must be strictly adhered to.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HOLD UP! Lemme clear up some confusion here: All of the Belltech spindles use all three holes for the hub so they bolt up just like stock. The difference between the 2509 and 2511 is if you wanna drop it more than the 2" spindles provide. The 2511 spindles have revised geometries for better ball joint angles at larger drops.

It's the McGaughy spindles (totally different brand) that use a stud and nut for the upper hub bolt mount. I've figured out the reasons for this and agree with them. I've also found that the torque specs must be strictly adhered to.
Sorry bud thanks for clarifying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660