Belltech drop w/ autoride and no spacer in the rear? Questions...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
KMeloney

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might have spoken too soon... Got in the truck to get some lunch, and the Service Suspension System light was on. Turns out that one of the links had popped off. Got the link back on, and still the light comes on.

Do I have to go to the dealer to have them clear this code?

Dammit.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unhook the negative battery lead. Wait a few. Reconnect. No?

OP
OP
KMeloney

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Robbie -- Just went out to my truck to drive it down to my garage where I could pull the cable, and the light didn't come on. Oddness.

Even MORE odd, maybe, was that the local garage tried to scan the light to see if it would pinpoint the code issue, since the light was staying on, but their scanner only went up to '07 models. The guy tried some different things, but nothing worked (then). So, I headed back to work, thinking I'd have to go to Plan B at some point -- and realized that my turn signals weren't making any noise (and that my sub wasn't on, and so my amp clearly wasn't on...). I wondered if the guy at the garage had messed something up beyond unsuccessfully clearing the light, but everything was back to normal when I just went out to my truck.

I don't know WHAT the heck just happened, but I'm crossing my fingers that all is right again. Damn computer-driven everything....

2011Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know those lights will turn off after so many key cycles. My Tahoe had every all those light on after i lowered it and when i went to pull it into my shop they werent on anymore.

OP
OP
KMeloney

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, that appears to be true. I popped the link off again (I made them too short, obviously), the light came on, and this morning, despite the link still being unattached, the light DIDN'T come on. Goofy.

2011Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
KM- what have you decided to do with links? I feel me and you are in the same boat. Did you leave yours at 2"? Tonight I cut mine down to 2 1/8" after the center to center measurement they measure 2 5/8" which seems to be "ok". On my way home from work tonight I never heard the compressor kick on, and it road great. The wife says it looks dumped from the rear and it kinda does, and it almost appears that the rear is slightly lower than the front but I measured and it is almost exactly level. I am going to drive it to work tomorrow to ensure it doesnt have any problems with the links, and see what myself and the other jabronies i work with think. I am debating on doing 2 3/4" center to center. Let me know what you have decided, Thanks.

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

Yep, that appears to be true. I popped the link off again (I made them too short, obviously), the light came on, and this morning, despite the link still being unattached, the light DIDN'T come on. Goofy.

I was thinking about this and maybe the little plastic pieces are getting worn or something. because mine were a bear to get on and off. ?????

quattrotman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is such an awesome and informative thread...I was super confused about what to do with my links too but this cleared it up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyc2011Denali