Ball joints and drop kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

musicman

Reaction score
I had to have the transmission rebuilt this week. Sad, but necessary.

While there he said I should check out the ball joints and that they would need replaced at some point. Here are my questions....

1. Is there anything else standard to replace when doing ball joints?

2. I want to put a 2/3 drop on it eventually, does this change what I should buy? Would new joints come with a lowering kit?

04 yukon xl Denali with 140k

Thanks for any insight.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I had to have the transmission rebuilt this week. Sad, but necessary.

While there he said I should check out the ball joints and that they would need replaced at some point. Here are my questions....

1. Is there anything else standard to replace when doing ball joints?

2. I want to put a 2/3 drop on it eventually, does this change what I should buy? Would new joints come with a lowering kit?

04 yukon xl Denali with 140k

Thanks for any insight.

1) do you want to keep autoride?
2) the djm front a arms are adjustable 2-3 inches come with new balljoints and bushings
3) in rear you can do the 3-4 belltech kit with new rear belltech sp shocks and set to go.

my main question to you is budget. If you did the full kit from djm with rear hardware kit and new front/rear belltech shocks it will be 985 but ride will be great and truck will handle much better

OP
OP
M

musicman

Reaction score
Thanks for the response NorCal.

I would like to keep the autoride rears as I just had to replace them and the compressor this summer. I was planning on changing the fronts next summer. I like the stock ride as my other vehicle has some get up and go to it.

I could probably go up to $500 or so without too much complaint from my wife.

Is there a kit that comes with the fronts and not the rears? Would be a great way to "justify" going ahead and dropping it now. :)

Thanks for the help.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
by adjusting torsion keys

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
+1 on that belltech 2/4 kit. I love the ride of that system on nbs and the nnbs trucks, did two last week actually. You'll love the ride quality and Tony is practically giving the kit away for that price. Just the spindles are around $50 to ship.

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1 on that belltech 2/4 kit. I love the ride of that system on nbs and the nnbs trucks, did two last week actually. You'll love the ride quality and Tony is practically giving the kit away for that price. Just the spindles are around $50 to ship.

So much truth in this post :Handshake:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jandy