Bad website/seller alert

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stein2088

Full Access Member
Reaction score
**NOT a vendor/seller here**

To all. I feel the need to share this with my fellow TYF members. After a recent purchase of LED tails from (www.xtralights.com) I found my self along side the road with some "extra" flashing lights behind me. Yes... My new tail lights have failed me well one to be exact. No problem right? Wrong they are failing to stand behind the products they sell. Yes I understand that I am 40 days out side of the 90 day warranty. However when I ask for a discount on a whole new order of new tail lights I get a $1.25 (yes the decimal is in the right spot) discount on a $200 order. So after being rushed off the phone numerous times and no support from the vendor I encourage you all to not purchase anything from this company. To be fair I was told I could call back tomorrow to speak with someone else so I will keep you posted if the situation changes. Wish me luck......

Last edited:

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Are they a vendor here? Sucks so lets hope something good works out for Ya

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not a vendor here... you mean a vendor/company in general?

OP
OP
S

Stein2088

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct they are not a vendor from here just a bad vendor in general. My post ended up more of a rant but I really hope this post prevents someone from experiencing the same issues. Although if they loose business thats a small win in my book. Thanks for your support!!

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well... One a 90 warranty is crap lol. Two, technically you are out of their warranty period, therefore they aren't obligated to discount another set. Have you checked with the manufacturer of the lights? They usually have a 1 year warranty I think. That may help you.

Gatorlac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
buy another set and return the old ones in there place. Your welcome

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your situation sucks but next time don't buy from a vendor who only gives you a 90 day warranty. Some vendors will give at least a 1 year warranty. Go with one of those. Good luck.

BirchyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you sure you only have a 90 day warranty? Looking at their site, it says that they give a 90 day return policy/warranty but the manufacturer's warranty may be longer. This would make them just like any other seller, such as Home Depot. Once you're you of their return policy, it falls onto the manufacturer.

Which set did you buy exactly?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stank hammer

Latest posts